Aaron Thomae, who graduated from WCOB
This concentration is designed for students interested in advertising focusing on digital media and strategies. The concentration features three courses.
The three courses in the Digital Advertising concentration are:
- MK 205 Advertising
- MK 299/234 E-Marketing (E-Commerce)
- MK 235 Digital Advertising
All three courses feature many hands-on projects as well as qualified guest speakers."Having guest speakers such as Aaron Thomae is a great asset to Sacred Heart University. It gives students the opportunity to observe and make connections with Alumni who are upcoming business leaders. In addition, these speakers help connect the University with relevant businesses and opportunities for undergraduate students," says Alex Ikenberg, a student in the MK205 Advertising course who successfully obtained a position with advertising agency HAVAS Worldwide.
- First, students are acquainted with the world of advertising in a general advertising course.
- The second course covers e-commerce with topics such as online payment systems and logistics.
- Then, digital advertising strategies are examined in depth. Students learn the business thinking behind search, display, mobile and social advertising.
The courses are taught by dedicated faculty. Dr. Anca Micu has worked for advertising agency BBDO before her academic career and Dr. David Taylor, who teaches the e-commerce course, has worked for more than 13 years in a variety of marketing roles, his most recent position involved managing e-mail newsletters for American Airlines.
Students in MK235 Digital Advertising learn hands-on about online marketing communications strategies. Each team sets up a blog and then analyzes traffic to the blog site using Google Analytics and places display ads on the site through Google’s Ad Sense service.