Grace Guo, Ph.D.
Dr. Guo is a member of the Academy of Management (AoM), International Association for Chinese Management Research (IACRM), and International Organizations Network (ION).
Degrees and Certifications
- B.A. in English Literature from Sichuan International Studies University in China
- MBA from Oklahoma State University
- Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts Amherst
Dr. Guo’s has taught in the areas of Management, Organizational Behavior and International Management.
Research Interests & Grants
Her major research interests include the meaning and effects of organizational justice, entrepreneurial processes, corporate entrepreneurship in emerging markets, trust perceptions, and organizational change.
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- 2012 the Wiley Blackwell Management and Organization Review Young Scholar Award
- 2012 & 2011 the Academy of Management International Management Division Best Reviewer Award
- 2011 the Academy of International Business 3rd Annual Emerging Scholar Award in Women's Entrepreneurship
- 2009 The Academy of Management International Management International Management Division Best Paper Award in Organizational Behavior/Human Resources Management/Organization Theory
- Best Paper Award in OB/HRM/OT from the International Management Division at the Academy of Management Annual Conference in 2009
- 2008-2009 Outstanding Teaching Award from Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst
Publications and Presentations
- Guo, C., Porschitz, E. T., Alves, J. (2013) Exploring career agency during self-initiated repatriation: A study of Chinese sea-turtles, Career Development International, forthcoming.
- Gupta, V. K., Guo, C., Canever, M., Yim, H. R., Sraw, G. K., and Liu, M. (2012) Institutional environment for entrepreneurship in rapidly emerging major economies: the case of Brazil, China, India and Korea. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, forthcoming.
- Guo, C., & Miller, J. K. (2012) Understanding Survivors’ Reactions to Downsizing in China, Journal of Managerial Psychology, 27(1), 27-47.
- Jiang, C. X., Zimmerman, M. A. & Guo, C. (2012). Growth of women-owned businesses: The effects of intangible resources and social competence, Journal of Business Diversity, 12(1).
- Roberto, M., Guo, C., & Jiang, C. X. 2011. Chang'an Automobile and the Chinese Automotive Industry, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 1(4), 1-17.
- Guo, C. & Miller, J. K. (2010) Guanxi Dynamics and Entrepreneurial Firm Creation and Development in China. Management and Organization Review, 6(2), 267-291
- Giacobbe-Miller, J.K. & Guo, C. (2012) Recruitment: International cross cultural perspective, invited book chapter for publication in The Oxford Handbook of Recruitment, edited by D. Cable and T. Yu., forthcoming
- Porschitz, E., Guo, C. & Alves, J., (2012) The “Paths” and “Ladders” of “Sea Turtles:” How Do Young Chinese Returnees Understand Their Careers? Book chapter proposal accepted for Managing the New Workforce: International Perspectives on the Millennial Generation, edited by E. Ng, S. Lyons, and L. Schweitzer, E. Elgar., forthcoming.
- Lawter, L., Guo, C. & Rua, T. (2011) The disconnect between business ethics education and putting it into practice: How do we fix it? In Effectively Integrating Ethical Dimensions into Business Education edited by A. Stachowicz-Stanusch and C. Wankel, Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, North Carolina, pp. 233-251.
Recent Journal Articles