Roncalli Hall 257
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield CT 06825
Khawaja Mamun, Ph.D.
The finance program at Sacred Heart University provides students with the knowledge and skills required to apply the tools and techniques of financial management in all types of organizations. The Bachelor's Degree in Finance focuses on financial management as it relates to the raising and investing of capital consistent with the stated goals of an organization. The program also covers topics related to personal investing from the perspectives of both the individual investor and the people entrusted to manage investment funds.
Small classes and a dedicated faculty with strong academic credentials and extensive corporate and government experience enable students to apply theory and skills to practical applications including financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, investment management, capital budgeting and risk management.
The finance program will enable you to:
- Effectively begin your career as a finance professional
- Develop knowledge and problem solving capabilities in corporate finance, investments, financial markets, international finance and private wealth management
- Use quantitative methods to solve problems
- Effectively conduct research in finance
- Understand how the legal, regulatory and ethical environment affects business decision making
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills appropriate for a finance professional
- Effectively use technology for financial applications
- Demonstrate time management and deadline delivery skills
- Work effectively in teams
- Develop an awareness of the career opportunities available in the field of finance
Finance Degree Programs Offered
College of Business Announces New Summer Institute for Global Management
February 5, 2015
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Beginning in July, Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business (WCOB) will offer a four-week Summer Institute for Global Business Management (SIGBM) at its Fairfield campus. The program will be offered to rising seniors and those who recently completed an undergraduate program. It is intended to help participants develop a fundamental understanding of the challenges business leaders face and the many dimensions of global business management.
Welch College of Business Among Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools
October 28, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Princeton Review has once again named Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business (WCOB) one of the top schools in the nation. The education services company features the school in the new 2015 edition of its book, The Best 296 Business Schools (Random House/Princeton Review, $22.99).
SHU Announces New Master’s in Finance and Investment Management Degree
October 1, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business will be launching a new master’s in finance and investment management degree in the fall of 2015. The program will be one of the flagship offerings based in the campus’ new Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center, a 125,000-square-foot academic building that is currently under construction. It will house the John F. Welch College of Business and Department of Communication & Media Studies.