Roncalli Hall 257
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield CT 06825
Khawaja Mamun, Ph.D.
The finance program provides students with the knowledge and skills required to apply the tools and techniques of financial management in all types of organizations. The discipline focuses on financial management as it relates to the raising and investing of capital consistent with the stated goals of an organization. The program also covers topics related to personal investing from the perspectives of both the individual investor and the people entrusted to manage investment funds. Internships are widely available and strongly encouraged. Graduates have accepted positions at numerous corporations including General Electric, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Unilever, United Technologies and UBS.
The finance program will enable you to:
- Effectively begin your career as a finance professional
- Develop knowledge and problem solving capabilities in corporate finance, investments, financial markets, international finance and private wealth management
- Use quantitative methods to solve problems
- Effectively conduct research in finance
- Understand how the legal, regulatory and ethical environment affects business decision making
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills appropriate for a finance professional
- Effectively use technology for financial applications
- Demonstrate time management and deadline delivery skills
- Work effectively in teams
- Develop an awareness of the career opportunities available in the field of finance
Welch College of Business Among Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools
October 28, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Princeton Review has once again named Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business (WCOB) one of the top schools in the nation. The education services company features the school in the new 2015 edition of its book, The Best 296 Business Schools (Random House/Princeton Review, $22.99).
SHU Announces New Master’s in Finance and Investment Management Degree
October 1, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business will be launching a new master’s in finance and investment management degree in the fall of 2015. The program will be one of the flagship offerings based in the campus’ new Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center, a 125,000-square-foot academic building that is currently under construction. It will house the John F. Welch College of Business and Department of Communication & Media Studies.
Program is Win-Win for Businesses and Students
March 24, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Sacred Heart University (SHU) Problem-Based Learning Lab (PBL) – launched in January through the John F. Welch College of Business – is now working with regional clients and is seeking corporate and community partners to submit potential projects for fall 2014 and beyond.