Roncalli Hall 257
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield CT 06825
The Business Economics program gives students a solid understanding of today’s global business environment and market structure. It combines in-depth study of economic theory with business applications within an ethical framework. Students acquire the analytical and problem solving skills needed to investigate and critically evaluate economic trends and business conditions. Our program is designed to prepare students to succeed in business and government careers, graduate schools, law schools as well as to become better-informed and productive citizens.
The educational objectives of the Business Economics program are to enable students to:
- Interpret current economic events and conditions confronting society (e.g. deficits, inflation, unemployment, poverty, economic growth)
- Understand the economic factors affecting individuals (e.g. wages, cost of living, taxes)
- Gain an understanding of how economics impacts the decision-making process of firms.
- Develop an awareness of the ethical dimensions of economics
- Acquire the analytical skills needed to investigate and critically evaluate economic effects of various policy actions at the local, state, national, and international governmental levels
Welch College of Business Among Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools
October 28, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Princeton Review has once again named Sacred Heart University’s John F. Welch College of Business (WCOB) one of the top schools in the nation. The education services company features the school in the new 2015 edition of its book, The Best 296 Business Schools (Random House/Princeton Review, $22.99).
Religion and Economics the Focus of SHU Business Faculty Forum
October 2, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – More than 200 people filled Sacred Heart University’s University Commons recently to enjoy and participate in a “Religion and Economics” discussion, co-sponsored by SHU’s Office of Mission & Catholic Identity and the John F. Welch College of Business. The talk was an annual event—the latest installment in the University’s“Religion and…” program and part of its “The Human Journey” Colloquia Series.
Professor Orlowski Honored for Contributions to Economics with Honorary Doctorate from Poland University
March 19, 2014
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A special honor was bestowed upon Lucjan Orlowski, chair of the Department of Economics and Finance and DBA program director at Sacred Heart University, on March 6, when he received the degree of Doctor Honoris Causa from the Wroclaw University of Economics in Wroclaw, Poland. Wroclaw University is among top five best economics universities in Poland. He was the university’s 25th honoree to receive the Honoris Causa doctorate.