Cheri Mazza, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Accounting
Prior to joining Sacred Heart, Dr. Mazza was an Associate Professor of Accounting at Fordham University (2000-2009). Before joining Fordham, she was a project manager (1994-2000) for the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). Her academic experience also includes assistant professorships at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia and Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas. Dr. Mazza also has experience in the corporate taxation area of public accounting.
She also serves on the Board of Directors and is Audit Chair for Community Mutual Savings Bank, a publicly traded (NASDAQ) bank in White Plains, New York.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. in accounting (1994) from the University of North Texas
- M.S. in Accounting (1983) from Illinois State University
- B.S. in Business Education (1979) from Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Research Interests & Grants
Dr. Mazza’s research encompasses issues in contemporary financial reporting, standard setting, and quality of earnings.