The full-time Master’s in Human Resource Management program is designed for recently graduated undergraduates with Bachelors Degrees in Human Resource Management, Business, Management, Psychology, or related field. Students will obtain an advanced degree and internship experience as a means of reaching a long-term goal of progressing into a senior position in Human Resource Management.
The program is designed to give students the necessary skills (such as forecasting, financial analysis, training and development, leadership development, and legal expertise) to successfully work in the Human Resources field at a strategic level. The program gives students the knowledge to use these skills to recruit, develop and manage a diverse workforce and play a key role in setting and achieving strategy for the organization.
The full-time MSHRM program consists of 42 credit hours and will run on trimesters. It is intended to be completed in 15 months. Two courses will be offered during the summer after the students’ undergraduate graduation, one of these courses will be taught in Luxembourg to highlight the international or global component of the program.
Sample Course Sequence
Summer 1 | 6 Credits
- WGB 521—Fundamentals of Management or WGB 612—Leading and Influencing with Integrity
- Luxembourg Experience
Fall Trimester | 9 Credits
- Begin Internship
- HR 607—Human Resource Management
- HR 605—Quantitative Skills for HR Professionals
Early Spring Trimester | 12 Credits
- Internship Continues
- HR 610—Performance Management
- HR 615—Finance for HR Professionals
- HR 612—Strategic HR
Late Spring Trimester | 12 Credits
- Internship Concludes (credits earned in this trimester)
- HR 611—Workforce Management and Talent Development
- BU 636—Legal Issue for HR
- HR 613—Diversity and Inclusion
Summer 2 | 3 Credits
- HR 689—Capstone and Applied Research Project