|Follow Us On:|
Sacred Heart University's Master of Science in Human Resource Management (HRM) degree is designed for human resource professionals seeking HR career advancement and those looking to enter the Human Resources field with a solid foundation in business and HR.
Stressing the role of human resource management as a strategic business partner, this graduate program offers students the necessary knowledge to effectively work in the field at a strategic level, and prepares students to be partners in a global business environment. Our MS in HRM is currently the only program in Connecticut recognized by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) as providing a curriculum that aligns with their guidelines and standards for HR Programs at the graduate level.
M.S. in Human Resource Management - Program Delivery
The program is tailored to the professional’s schedule and long term goals. Courses are taught in a blended format -- part of the course is taught online with in-person classes every other Saturday at our Stamford, CT campus from 9:00am-4:00pm. Making use of online technology together with on-ground delivery will minimize travel requirements while bringing the students together. Furthermore, the program is built around a cohort of students admitted together each Fall. This is intended to create a student support system and a future peer network. Students who are accepted after a cohort has started may take elective classes while awaiting the start of their cohort.
Graduate Degree Requirements
The program requires the completion of 33 credits. Those without an undergraduate degree in Business may be required to take an additional 3 credit hours. Operating on a trimester schedule, students can complete the program in two years.
What Sets the SHU M.S. in Human Resource Management Apart?
- Earn an AACSB accredited human resource degree program from the John F. Welch College of Business.
- Gain strategic HR business leadership, management and quantitative skills to succeed in a global business environment.
- Learn through an innovative online and face to face blended program featuring engagement with HR Industry professionals to reinforce academic learning.
- Benefit from student support systems and professional networks.
- Receive credit for industry work experience in lieu of graduate admission tests.
- Complete your flexible part-time Business Masters degree in HRM within 2 years.
Among an elite membership of fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide, the Welch College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the premier global accrediting body for
Sacred Heart University is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked as a top master's level university by U.S. News and World Report.