Academic Building HC 207
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Make a global impact. Be the leader you aspire to be.
Today’s ever-changing global landscape requires leaders who know how to implement innovative ideas and create value. At Sacred Heart University (SHU), the Welch Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides students with the multifunctional perspectives, global insights, tactical knowledge and practical skills necessary for navigating complex business challenges.
Gain essential tools and insights you need for changing times. Successful leaders understand the big picture. They know that business functions are not siloed. A marketing decision can have a profound impact on finance and sales functions; a financial decision can affect every aspect of a business, from the boardroom to the factory floor. That’s why our courses don’t focus solely on marketing, finance or accounting. Rather, they emulate the real world, teaching you to apply business skills that cross many business functions—from strategy, finance and management to operations, accounting and marketing. Put simply, our integrated core helps you move from functional expert to multifaceted leader.
Let your MBA challenge, change and transform you. A Sacred Heart MBA will prepare students for senior positions in diverse business environments by developing strong, tangible leadership qualities that organizations depend on every day. As a result, students learn to think and act as leaders rather than solely functional experts.
Learn from and be surrounded by the best. At SHU you will learn from and have access to topnotch faculty including senior executive practitioners, and high profile guest speakers. You will also spend each class collaborating with clever, diverse and involved classmates who will constantly challenge you to not only give your all, but to inspire others. With a Welch MBA, you will broaden your professional network and grow your lifelong support system to help you get the most out of your MBA experience.
IN THE NEWS: SHU Tops UConn and Yale in Fourth Annual ACG CT Cup
Create your own path at SHU.
Extend your knowledge, further develop an existing specialty or facilitate a career change by selecting one of four areas of concentration (a professional planning course will help students identify their optimal course of study):
In addition, students have the option to begin or advance their career with one of eight certificates, with which you can tailor your learning to match your career interests and goals in the following areas:
Take advantage of a part-time, evening program at your choice of three locations.
The MBA runs on a trimester basis, so students who take two courses per term can expect to complete the program in two years, while those looking for an accelerated path can graduate in one year by attending classes four nights per week. Most classes are taken on campus with an option to complete several classes online, if desired. Designed for working professionals, the Welch MBA program is offered at three locations.
- Fairfield Campus: SHU’s main campus offers the best of both worlds: a beautiful suburban setting with easy access to business districts in Fairfield County, including Stamford. MBA offices are conveniently located in the main academic building near MBA classes and student study areas. To better accommodate students’ needs, we are adding a 125,000-square-foot building that will house the John F. Welch College of Business and the Department of Communication & Media Studies in 2015. The building plans boast smart classrooms, interactive labs and open spaces, to foster engaged learning between students, faculty and the world beyond.
- The Stamford Graduate Center: A new facility, the graduate center is within walking distance of the city’s transportation center and many restaurants, stores, businesses and other downtown attractions. Featuring Wi-Fi and a full-service gourmet cafe with indoor and outdoor dining, the Stamford Graduate Center is across the street from the Stamford Innovation Center and Ferguson Library.
- Luxembourg campus: The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg provides an exceptional setting for an MBA education. Economically, Luxembourg is one of the most vibrant countries in Western Europe, especially since it represents a variety of thriving businesses including finance, insurance, manufacturing and natural resources.
What you’ll take away from SHU’s MBA program:
Built on the pillars of leadership, commitment to providing cutting-edge knowledge, ethical responsibility and global awareness, the Welch MBA program is focused on helping you:
- Broaden your understanding of the business disciplines and functional skills
- Enhance your oral and written communication skills
- Identify factors that affect business practices in the global environment and propose decisions and actions that are appropriate in specific situations
- Apply analytic and problem-solving skills to business challenges
- Make decisions and think critically
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theory, managerial skills and the global business environment
- Explore ethical standards of behavior and develop a frame of reference and standards to guide your professional behavior
The future of business starts with you. Apply today >>
Anthony Macari, J.D., MBA
Executive Director Graduate Programs
Clinical Assistant Professor of Finance
John F. Welch College of Business
Fairfield, CT 06825