Involvement Opportunities for our Corporate and Community Partners
- The supply of high quality consulting assignments: Participating organizations supply fully scoped high impact projects and supporting data, which the organization needs resolved but cannot undertake currently. WCOB: Provides a qualified student team deeply grounded in the underpinning business theories, and faculty mentors selected for their expertise in the project area.
- Corporate and community partners: Management contact person willing to meet with students throughout the semester as needed (manager/student contact should be at least six times per semester). Meetings may be via audiovisual technology such as Skype, WebEx, etc. WCOB partner: At least one faculty advisor per student team, the problem-based learning lab director and outside subject matter experts.
- Subject matter experts (SMEs) or practitioners on consulting projects: SMEs would be required to make themselves available to supervise WCOB students on consulting projects.
Benefits for the Corporate and Community Partners
- A chance for the organization to get high-quality, cost-effective business solutions for business problems through a network of otherwise costly industry experts.
- First opportunity to hire from the WCOB PBL program given the organization’s first-hand experience working with WCOB students.
- The PBL program allows businesses to focus on their key priorities while outsourcing complex back-office analytics and project work.
- An increased profile of the organization within the local community (Fairfield County).
- Ensures quality advice from faculty advisors with significant consulting/business experience.
- Offers dedicated analytical review on key strategic issues.
How to Become a Corporate Partner
Learn more about the recommended requirements for participation.