Combine Your Passion for Sport and Business In One Exciting Career
Develop the core business disciplines and functional skills you need to success in business. Learn the financial, marketing, media, legal and ethical specifics that will mold you into a savvy professional.
Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
The Sport Management program provides a foundation in management, business and legal principles that prepares you to excel in modern sport management.
Through the program, you will:
- Master the principles of management and their application to the sport industry
- Understand entrepreneurship and how it relates to professional sport
- Identify key factors contributing to the globalization of sport
- Study the nature and complexity of sport finance, especially relating to the financing of sporting venues
- Learn about sport marketing and specific marketing strategies
- Focus on ethical decision-making and the application of basic legal principles
- Study the significance of media in the sport industry, including new media, ethics, crisis management and publications
Prepare for a career that can take you anywhere.
Students with a B.S. in Sports Management can pursue careers within professional leagues, federations, franchises and intercollegiate athletics, with roles in:
- Venue and event management
- Sports goods and licensed merchandise
- Sport marketing and sponsorship
- Sport tourism and hospitality
- Sport media
- Sport law
There are no special admissions requirements. Incoming first-year or transfer students may declare the major upon application.
Additional Program Benefits
- Opportunity to join the Sports Management Enterprise club
- Unique internship program emphasizes job search, interviewing and career assessment skills alongside experience in the field
- Sacred Heart’s Luxembourg campus and international focus makes it a great choice for students who want access to the expanding global sport management market