The 5-course (15 credit) Fashion Marketing & Merchandising Minor includes:
- MK 201 Principles of Marketing 3 CR
- MK 210 Retailing and Merchandising 3 CR
- or MK 235 Digital Advertising 3 CR
- MK 240 Fashion Marketing 3 CR
- MK 350 Fashion Brand Marketing 3 CR
- MK 360 Marketing Integration: Textiles & Fashion 3 CR
Further electives include:
- MK 345 Fashion Buying 3 CR
- MK 299 Advanced Fashion Merchandising 3 CR
There is a need within the fashion industry for dynamic individuals with diversified academic preparation, including majors such as Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Computer Science, Foreign Languages, and Art and Graphic Design.
Will I have study abroad opportunities?
Yes! MK 350 Fashion Brand Markeitng was taught in Paris from May 30 to June 17, 2016. Site visits beyond the CIEE classrooms was The Louvre, Gallieres Lafayette, Louis Voitton, The Magazine Paris Match, and the fashion forecasting company, Pecleres Paris.
The Fashion Club, an extra-curricular activity on campus, provides an opportunity for students interested in fashion to exchange ideas, listen to guest speakers, and participate in community activities. Read more about the fashion program at SHU and what our students are up to on the Fashionista Blog.
David N. Bloom, MBA
Advisor, Fashion Marketing & Merchandising