Become One of Modern Marketing’s Success Stories
Learn the history of marketing, then explore its present—and future. Study in a curriculum that provides the holistic approach you need to succeed.
Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Marketing
At Sacred Heart, you will experience the specialized marketing courses and the generalized business courses you need to gain a well-rounded perspective on both marketing and business.
Through this program, you will:
- Understand the evolution of the marketing discipline and how marketing has contributed to political, economic and legal aspects of business
- Learn to access, evaluate and organize information for decision-making
- Study the significance of global markets and the application of marketing processes to develop global marketing plans
- Develop technology-related skills, and understand the impact and opportunities technology offers
- Learn to effectively and efficiently market products and services to consumers and clients worldwide
- Understand and contribute to ethical decision-making, standards and conduct
- Understand varying perspectives and cultures
- Examine the benefits and consequences of marketing activities
- Develop the skills to assume multiple roles in a complex international business environment
There are no special admissions requirements. Incoming first-year or transfer students may declare the major upon application.
Additional Program Benefits
- A marketing degree is one of the most versatile in the world, and graduates with a marketing degree have a starting salary of $50,100 on average, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Unique internship program emphasizes job search, interviewing and career assessment skills alongside experience in the field
- Opportunity to become involved in the student-run Marketing Club, a Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Students in the Fashion Marketing & Merchandising minor can join the Fashion Club