Martire Business & Communications Center
5401 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
The rapid growth of the global economy and the increasing influence of technology on marketing, especially in all aspects of advertising and consumer behavior, have driven the development of our marketing programs. The impact of the digital revolution and the migration to integrated, multi-platform marketing and social networking have required a refocus of the marketing major. Marketing professionals now need to have functional marketing skills based on a solid theoretical foundation aligned with the development of specialized skills in new areas such as digital marketing, e-tailing, relationship marketing, and new dimensions of market research (including digital metrics).
As part of the Welch Experience while taking undergraduate courses, students also have the opportunity to attend timely presentations by key marketing and business professionals and to participate in extracurricular experiential learning opportunities. Internships are widely available and strongly encouraged.
The Marketing programs are delivered by very experienced, creative, and knowledgeable professors who are active not only in the classroom but also in marketing research, consulting, strategic planning and implementation.
In the Marketing program at SHU, you will:
- Understand the historic evolution of the marketing discipline and how marketing has contributed to the political, economic, and legal dimensions of the contemporary global business environment;
- Identify information needs critical to the practice of marketing management and gain access to relevant resources, evaluate and organize information sources, and integrate new information into the marketing decision-making process;
- Explain the significance of global markets and the application of the marketing processes to develop global marketing plans;
- Understand the impact and the opportunities offered by technology in business and develop effective technology related marketing management skills;
- Develop effective oral and written marketing communication skills and be self-directed, fair-minded, and capable of critical thinking and problem solving;
- Understand how to effectively and efficiently market services and products to clients and consumers worldwide;
- Understand the process of ethical decision making and its application in marketing management as well as contribute to enhancing the ethical standards and conduct of marketing professionals;
- Describe the complex nature of corporate ethics and the social responsibility of organizations in the conduct of marketing activities, as well as the personal responsibility to understand other cultures and negotiate different perspectives;
- Examine the benefits and consequences of marketing activities on the physical environment and on the lives of others; and
- Develop the skills necessary to assume multiple roles in a complex international business environment.
Marketing Degree Programs Offered:
SHU Recognized by Colleges of Distinction for Academic Excellence
June 14, 2017
Sacred Heart University has yet again been recognized by the higher education organization Colleges of Distinction for its academic excellence. Colleges of Distinction’s mission is to help parents and students find the right colleges by producing a guidebook with the necessary information on the finest colleges and universities. The organization most recently awarded SHU with badges for its first-rate business, education and nursing programs.
College of Arts & Sciences Hosts Inaugural Faculty Showcase
February 14, 2017
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—The University Commons area and adjacent classrooms at Sacred Heart University were a hive of activity Feb. 8 as SHU’s College of Arts & Sciences hosted its inaugural CASCon event. The conference showcased the work of 55 faculty members from multiple disciplines. They formed 15 panels to provide presentations that emphasized the interdisciplinary nature of faculty scholarship and reaffirmed the College’s commitment to faculty scholarship and undergraduate research.
Welch College of Business Makes Princeton Review's Best Business Schools List for 2017
October 7, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The Princeton Review has ranked Sacred Heart University's Jack Welch College of Business an outstanding business school once again. The education services company profiles SHU in the new 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.The Princeton Review's survey asked students at the 294 business schools about their school's academics, student body and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans.