Rise to the Top of the Business World
Learn how organizations operate in today’s global business environment. Combine your business savvy with communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to emerge as a promising business leader.
Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Management
When you study Management at Sacred Heart, you will learn the complexities of the external business environment and how this affects the internal activities of an organization.
Through the program, you will:
- Study a range of business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, law, marketing, management information systems and operations management
- Explore management theory and current business practices
- Focus on personal ethical accountability and corporate social responsibility
- Learn how to strategically combine the resources available to you to achieve the mission and goals of an organization
- Build the specific communication, teamwork, leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed in managerial roles
Enter a field with unlimited possibility.
Students with a B.S. in Management pursue many different career paths. You can:
- Work in managerial and nonmanagerial positions in nonprofit or for-profit industries
- Become a human resources, marketing or international business professional
- Start a new business or run a family business
- Work in operations management
- Become a strategic business partner
- Prepare for graduate studies in business or other disciplines
Graduates of Sacred Heart’s Management programs have secured jobs with:
- The Arena at Harbor Yard
- Condé Nast Publications
- Estee Lauder
- Frito Lay/PepsiCo
- GE Capital
- JP Morgan Chase
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- NBC Universal
- NBC Peacock Productions
- Pepperidge Farm
- Sikorsky Aircraft
- Wells Fargo
Fast-track your rise to leadership.
The B.S./MBA program allows students to obtain a B.S. degree and an MBA in five years, instead of the six or more years usually required. As more and more businesses require an MBA for entry-level work, this option gives students a serious advantage in the job market.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 156 credits (120 at undergraduate level and 36 at graduate level). Those who are considering the B.S./MBA program should speak to their academic advisor to ensure proper course planning.
B.S. in Management
There are no special admissions requirements. Incoming first-year or transfer students may declare the major upon application.
- Personal statement of interest in and qualifications for the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA of at least 3.0
- GMAT score of 500 or better (Sacred Heart students who have a 3.5 GPA or better at the end of their junior year or after will qualify for a GMAT waiver)
Additional Program Benefits
- Faculty is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced professors who are active in research, policy advising and consulting
- Unique internship program emphasizes job search, interviewing and career assessment skills alongside experience in the field
- Opportunity to work as a research assistant alongside faculty
- State-of-the-art digital technology available in the new Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center
- Students can join the Business Management Club