Loran Chollete, Ph.D.
Prior to joining Sacred Heart University, Professor Chollete taught at University of St Andrews in the UK, and before that at the University of Stavanger Business School in Norway.
He collaborates with researchers at a number of research institutes and universities, including Norwegian Central Bank, Tel Aviv University, Columbia University, National Chengchi University, Pace University and New York University. He is an Associate Editor of the Spanish Review of Financial Economics.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. in Economics and Finance, Columbia Business School, New York
- M.Phil. in Economics and Finance, Columbia Business School, New York
- MA in Economics, Columbia University, New York
- BA in Economics, Columbia University, New York
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Financial Management
- Advanced Valuation Analysis
- International Finance
Research Interests and Grants
Chollete’s research concentrates on financial markets, decisionmaking under uncertainty and CEO compensation. He also has an interest in Latin American Economics.
His research is funded by several grants from the Research Council of Norway. His work has been published in the Journal of Financial Econometrics, Journal of Financial Stability, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Journal of Financial Markets.