Martire Business & Communications Center
5401 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Khawaja Mamun, Ph.D.
The finance program at Sacred Heart University provides students with the knowledge and skills required to apply the tools and techniques of financial management in all types of organizations. The Bachelor's Degree in Finance focuses on financial management as it relates to the raising and investing of capital consistent with the stated goals of an organization. The program also covers topics related to personal investing from the perspectives of both the individual investor and the people entrusted to manage investment funds.
Small classes and a dedicated faculty with strong academic credentials and extensive corporate and government experience enable students to apply theory and skills to practical applications including financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, investment management, capital budgeting and risk management.
The finance program will enable you to:
- Effectively begin your career as a finance professional
- Develop knowledge and problem solving capabilities in corporate finance, investments, financial markets, international finance and private wealth management
- Use quantitative methods to solve problems
- Effectively conduct research in finance
- Understand how the legal, regulatory and ethical environment affects business decision making
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills appropriate for a finance professional
- Effectively use technology for financial applications
- Demonstrate time management and deadline delivery skills
- Work effectively in teams
- Develop an awareness of the career opportunities available in the field of finance
Finance Degree Programs Offered
Students Participate in College Fed Challenge
November 8, 2016
Fairfield, Conn. - Beginning in the early 2000s, with encouragement from Professor Bridget Lyons, Sacred Heart University became involved in the College Fed Challenge Competition. Since then, students and faculty members have worked to progress in the competition.
Welch College of Business Makes Princeton Review's Best Business Schools List for 2017
October 7, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The Princeton Review has ranked Sacred Heart University's Jack Welch College of Business an outstanding business school once again. The education services company profiles SHU in the new 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.The Princeton Review's survey asked students at the 294 business schools about their school's academics, student body and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans.
Former Investment Banker Mark Ritter Joins Business College as Executive-in-Residence
October 5, 2016
Fairfield, Conn.— After more than 25 years in investment banking, financial expert Mark Ritter recently took on a new position at Sacred Heart University as executive-in-residence at the Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB). Ritter will assist in teaching and mentoring students who want to pursue careers in finance.