Is a minor in Accounting right for me?
A minor in Accounting provides students with a comprehensive background in financial and managerial accounting. Students interested in the business or finance field but are uncertain if they want to pursue a career in accounting could consider an Accounting Minor.
With the completion of the 18 credit accounting minor, the student would only require an additional 18 credits of accounting to fulfill the accounting portion of the education requirement for the CPA designation.
- AC 221 Financial Accounting and Reporting
- AC 222 Managerial Accounting and Control
- AC 331 Intermediate Accounting I
- AC 332 Intermediate Accounting II
Two of the following courses:
- AC 313 Cost Management
- AC 401 Advanced Accounting I
- AC 421 Auditing I
- AC 431 Federal Taxes I
- FN 314 Financial Analysis
Required Supporting Courses
- EC 202 Principles of Microeconomics
- EC 203 Principles of Macroeconomics