Become the Financial Expert the Business World Needs
Put practical concepts into action as you analyze financial information, develop reports, and learn about regulations that prepare you to pursue a career in the accounting field.
Earn your bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Information Systems
The B.S. in Accounting & Information Systems program prepares you with the concepts, principles and hands-on experience you need to gather, review and analyze financial information. Through the program, you will:
- Study professional and regulatory requirements
- Master accounting concepts, principles and theories
- Learn professional codes of ethics and explore current ethical issues
- Understand internal accounting systems, controls and reports for decision-making purposes
- Apply concepts and analyze the results
Join the varied and growing field of accounting.
Decision-makers in companies worldwide rely on financial data to make the best choices. That means they need you. Graduates with an accounting degree can pursue careers as:
- Financial analyst
- Estate planner
- Investment counselor
- Accounting manager
- Market researcher
There are no special admissions requirements. Incoming first-year or transfer students may declare the major upon application.
Additional Program Benefits
- Opportunity to pursue internships with companies including General Electric, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential Securities, Merrill Lynch, KPMG and PWC
- Can apply to earn hands-on experience through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Students explore career and graduate school opportunities in the field of accounting, including requirements for CPA, CMA and CIA designations
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, which offers innovative programs, an active approach to learning and experiential learning opportunities, alongside networking and resume-building opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in on-campus Accounting Club