Anyone looking to climb Mount Everest doesn’t do it alone, they find a Sherpa—a person who has already been to the top and can guide them through tough obstacles.
College is no different. Each Freshman interested in the Welch College of Business is given a guide—A Welch Mentor. Our Welch Mentors:
- Meet their freshman mentees at the freshman banquet on the second night of class
- Exchange contact information and set up a Facebook group in order to communicate
- Take freshmen to upper-level business courses to show them what classes are like within their majors of interest
- Take freshmen to The Career Development and Placement Center so they can start the process of developing resumes, interviewing, and searching for internship opportunities
- Take freshmen to Welch Experience events designed to develop knowledge, skills, abilities, and a professional network in the business world.
If you are a current freshman in the Welch College of Business who did not attend the welcome banquet and you would like a Welch Mentor, please E-mail Douglas Ouimette, Assistant Director for the Student Experience.
If you are a current student in the Welch College of Business and you would like to become a Welch Mentor, please open the two documents below for a job description and an application for Welch mentors for the 2014-2015 academic year.