If you have any questions, contact Kathryn Frederick with any questions you may have at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the length of the program?
The program length is 4 weeks
- What should I wear?
Classroom attire is casual (shorts, jeans, t-shirts). Company visits, etiquette luncheon, and graduation require business attire.
- What are you looking for in an applicant?
We are looking for talented, motivated, and bright students who exhibit a passion for learning. There are no minimum GPA or grade requirements.
- What are your application deadlines?
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Application Decision: February 15, 2018
- Issuance of 1-20’s: March 1, 2018
- Can I attend if I do not have a business background?
Absolutely! The program is designed to be accessible to students of all majors. Our instructors understand the diverse backgrounds of participants and will teach in a way that is effective for everyone.
- Who should I write a letter of recommendation?
Someone who can effectively evaluate your academic and/or work performance, this letter is required in order for your application to be considered complete.
- Are program candidates interviewed?
No, we do not hold interviews for acceptance into the program.
- Do I need to take a GMAT or GRE to attend this program?
No, GMAT or GRE scores are not required for admissions.
- Will I receive a letter grade in each class?
No, each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation from Sacred Heart University on successful completion of the program.
- Who are the instructors?
The classes are taught by a combination of full-time faculty from the Welch College of Business and adjunct professors.
- If I am from Connecticut/New York/New Jersey, can I live at home to reduce the program fee?
We believe living at the residence hall is part of the SIGBM experience. You will get to know participants from across the country and the world. In addition, some of the assignments may require working in team and you will need to work on them in the evening. We highly recommend living in the residence hall for the full SIGBM experience.
- How much is the program fee?
$3,500 for the course, transportation to site visits. Includes room and board for the duration of the program.
- If I am accepted, do I need to pay a deposit for the program?
Yes, a non-refundable $1,000 deposit is due at the time of acceptance in the program.
- If I am an international student currently studying at a US institution, do I need to apply for another visa?
No, you can attend the program with the student visa you have with your home institution.
- If I am an international student currently studying at a US institution and will graduate the year I attend the program, do I need to apply for another student visa?
No, but you will need to transfer your SEVIS record from your current institution to the Sacred Heart University.