The full-time Master’s in Human Resource Management program is designed for recently graduated undergraduates with Bachelors Degrees in Human Resource Management, Business, Management, Psychology, or related field. Students will obtain an advanced degree and internship experience as a means of reaching a long-term goal of progressing into a senior position in Human Resource Management.
The program is designed to give students the necessary skills (such as forecasting, financial analysis, training and development, leadership development, and legal expertise) to successfully work in the Human Resources field at a strategic level. The program gives students the knowledge to use these skills to recruit, develop and manage a diverse workforce and play a key role in setting and achieving strategy for the organization.
The full-time MSHRM program consists of 39 credit hours and will run on trimesters. It is intended to be completed in 15 months. Coursework for the full-time program will be based out of our Fairfield, CT campus following a weekday class schedule.
Sample Course Sequence
Summer 2 | 3 Credits
- WGB 521 Fundamentals of Management or WGB 612—Leading and Influencing with Integrity
Fall Trimester | 9 Credits
- Begin Internship
- HR 607 Human Resource Management
- HR 605 Quantitative Skills for HR Professionals
Early Spring Trimester | 12 Credits
- Internship Continues
- HR 610 Performance Management
- HR 615 Finance for HR Professionals
- HR 612 Strategic HR
Late Spring Trimester | 12 Credits
- Internship Concludes (credits earned in this trimester)
- HR 611 Workforce Management and Talent Development
- MGT 636 Legal Issue for HR
- HR 613 Diversity and Inclusion
Summer | 3 Credits
- HR 689 Capstone and Applied Research Project