Stamford Graduate Center
3 Landmark Square
Stamford, CT 06901
Martire Business & Communications Center
5401 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Nurture successful careers – including your own
Prepare to lead a strong talent pool that yields significant competitive advantages and earns you a position of trust and critical importance.
Earn your Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM)
Executive leaders rely on highly qualified and effective human resource managers to attract and retain top talent – which means the role of HR leader is evolving into that of a tightly integrated business partner.
This program will help you develop the advanced quantitative skills and real-world knowledge it takes to contribute at the highest levels. Through the program, you will:
- Understand the needs of progressive global organizations
- Manage people and processes within rapidly changing business, regulatory and social landscapes
- Use metrics and finance to develop critical thinking and creatively tackle diverse challenges
- Prepare to take the appropriate Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Assessment, based on your previous HR experience
Complete your advanced degree in as little as two years – with the support of your peers
The program’s student cohort format combines partial online study with in-person classes that meet every other Saturday – perfect for working professionals.
- The part-time, fully blended program helps human resource professionals advance, or business managers move laterally into the HR field.
- The full-time, classroom-based program allows students with an undergraduate degree in business, applied psychology, HR management or leadership to earn an advanced HR degree.
- The graduate certificate in human resource management provides advanced training, and courses can be applied toward the master's degree.
Collaborate with your instructors on real-world HR projects
A Capstone Research/Applied Practice project allows you to apply your studies in the field.
Earn a high-growth position with unlimited possibilities
Human resources is a quickly expanding field:
- Employment in human resource is expected to grow in the next decade*
- New annual job positions are predicted to grow by 32,000**
- Human resource management is one of the top five professions in the U.S. in salary and job prospects**
Graduates go on to become trusted advisors, diplomatic leaders and strategic trailblazers who excel in today’s complex business environment.
*The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
**Money Magazine and Salary.com surveys
Additional Program Benefits
- Course format that incorporates the convenience of online learning with the personal attention and interaction of in-class learning.
- Unique student cohort model, where students are admitted together each fall to create a student support system and future peer network.
- The opportunity for members of the National Chapter of SHRM to join the SHU SHRM student chapter.
- Distinguished faculty members with advanced human resource knowledge and experience.
- Senior-level HR executives who serve as guest lecturers.
- The ability to take advantage of SHRM seminars and conferences, online community platforms and network of highly respected human resource professionals.
- Access to specifically designed SHRM certification exam preparation materials, which you can pursue on your own after completion of the master’s degree program
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International.
Become your organization’s most valued strategic business partner. Apply for your Master of Science in Human Resource Management today.
SHU Celebrates Opening of Martire Business & Communications Center
March 20, 2015
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Approximately 100 local dignitaries, trustees, special guests and friends, along with about 300 students, faculty and staff from the Sacred Heart University community, gathered on Saturday to celebrate the grand opening of the Frank and Marisa Martire Business & Communications Center on the corner of Park Avenue and Jefferson Street. The building will house the University’s prestigious John F. Welch College of Business (WCOB) and rapidly growing Department of Communications & Media Studies.
Human Resources Master’s Program Aligns with SHRM Guidelines
July 24, 2013
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) has announced that Sacred Heart University’s master’s in human resource management program (HRM) successfully aligns with the SHRM Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. SHU is one of only two universities in Connecticut to hold that distinction. “Everyone here is really excited about it, because it’s a significant advantage for the program,” said Leanna Lawter, assistant professor of management in HRM. “It’s a thoughtful process – one that I think is very worthwhile and that adds a lot of value to our program. It reinforces that our graduates have the tools that a business recognizes as necessary to being successful in human resources.”
SHU Launches New Graduate Center in Stamford
May 21, 2013
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart University is significantly expanding its presence in Stamford and Fairfield County, launching new graduate degree programs and additional courses, moving into new classroom space in the center of the city and increasing its involvement and outreach within the Metro- and Stamford-area region and business communities.