Bring your creative expertise online
Learn the latest digital marketing techniques, and apply these skills through high profile, hands-on projects for real companies, as you become a 21st-century storyteller.
Earn your Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MSDM)
Marketing has gone digital, and marketing professionals in all areas – product development, advertising, distribution, research, customer relations and more – must be equipped with the interactive, creative expertise to excel online.
This program prepares you to meet the exponentially growing demand for digital marketing leaders. Through the program, you will:
- Develop and evaluate marketing plans that harness the power of digital media
- Use the wealth of data available to digital marketers to segment markets and position brands
- Use social media to promote brands and engage customers
- Optimize web sites to maximize search-engine rankings
- Interpret click-through analytics to evaluate online advertising efforts
Complete your customized digital marketing program in as little as 15 months
- The MSDM degree operates on a trimester schedule and can be completed in 15 months by attending class three nights a week – or, you can attend one or two classes per week for a longer period of time.
- The digital marketing certificate is an introduction to the digital marketing industry, and courses can be applied toward the master's degree.
Gain impressive credentials that showcase your professional abilities
By 2016, digital marketing spending is expected to climb to $77 billion and will represent 35 percent of all advertising spending.*
Graduates will be prepared to capitalize on this growth in positions such as:
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing analyst
- Digital advertising account executive
- Digital media planner
- Digital advertising specialist
- Digital advertising analyst
- Social media specialist
*Source: Forrester Research Inc.
Additional Program Benefits
- Thorough curriculum that covers the many areas of digital marketing, from developing a content strategy, to lead generation, to analytics and optimization
- Flexible course structure with built-in applied credits that you can customize to fit your digital marketing career track
- Coursework that incorporates real-world examples, actual class “clients”, and instruction in the latest software and techniques
- Dedicated faculty who provide cutting-edge research to conferences and global publications
- who bring their real-time experience into the classroom
- Weekday evening courses at SHU's state-of-the art Martire Business & Communications Center on the Fairfield, CT campus
- Part of SHU’s , a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
- Ideal location 90 minutes outside of New York City
Join the digital realm. Apply for your Master of Science in Digital Marketing today.
Welch College of Business to Host Spring Research Day
April 10, 2018
The Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) will host the second Research Day of the academic year on Wednesday, April 25, in the Martire Forum at 2 p.m. The College was the first at Sacred Heart University to start this initiative back in 2016. WCOB faculty members will present their current research papers on a variety of topics in poster format. Students, join for this opportunity to learn more about the research of your teachers. Research assistant sign-up forms will be available at the event.
WCOB Professor Jose Mendoza Interviewed in WalletHub's "2017's Best Things to Buy on Black Friday"
November 17, 2017
"Americans are obsessed with deals. Why else do we camp outside our favorite stores after a big holiday feast or force ourselves awake at ungodly hours to browse the virtual shopping aisles? Truth is, many of us find pleasure in buying merchandise at the deepest discounts and knowing we beat our fellow sale-addicted shoppers to the punch."
Seven Majors that Surprisingly Use Data and Tableau
September 13, 2017
"It’s no surprise that Tableau is being taught in data science and business analytics programs at universities around the world to prepare students for data scientist and analyst roles. But, as we know, data lives everywhere. Instructors are answering the call and preparing their students by teaching visual analytics with Tableau in subject areas across campuses."