Bring your creative expertise online
Learn the latest digital marketing techniques, and apply these skills through high profile, hands-on projects for real companies, as you become a 21st-century storyteller.
Earn your Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MSDM)
Marketing has gone digital, and marketing professionals in all areas – product development, advertising, distribution, research, customer relations and more – must be equipped with the interactive, creative expertise to excel online.
This program prepares you to meet the exponentially growing demand for digital marketing leaders. Through the program, you will:
- Develop and evaluate marketing plans that harness the power of digital media
- Use the wealth of data available to digital marketers to segment markets and position brands
- Use social media to promote brands and engage customers
- Optimize web sites to maximize search-engine rankings
- Interpret click-through analytics to evaluate online advertising efforts
Complete your customized digital marketing program in as little as 15 months
- The MSDM degree operates on a trimester schedule and can be completed in 15 months by attending class two nights a week – or, you can attend one class per week for a longer period of time.
- The digital marketing certificate is an introduction to the digital marketing industry, and courses can be applied toward the master's degree.
Gain impressive credentials that showcase your professional abilities
By 2016, digital marketing spending is expected to climb to $77 billion and will represent 35 percent of all advertising spending.*
Graduates will be prepared to capitalize on this growth in positions such as:
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing analyst
- Digital advertising account executive
- Digital media planner
- Digital advertising specialist
- Digital advertising analyst
- Social media specialist
*Source: Forrester Research Inc.
Additional Program Benefits
- Thorough curriculum that covers the many areas of digital marketing, from developing a content strategy, to lead generation, to analytics and optimization
- Flexible course structure with built-in applied credits that you can customize to fit your digital marketing career track
- Coursework that incorporates real-world examples, actual class “clients”, and instruction in the latest software and techniques
- Dedicated faculty who provide cutting-edge research to conferences and global publications
- Senior-level practitioners who bring their real-time experience into the classroom
- Weekday evening courses at SHU's state-of-the art Stamford Graduate Center in Landmark Square
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
- Ideal location 60 minutes outside of New York City
Join the digital realm. Apply for your Master of Science in Digital Marketing today.
Greenwich Pen Women Talk Digital Marketing
April 25, 2016
Seeking to inspire local women to get more involved in pursuing their creative dreams, the Greenwich Pen Women are sponsoring a special program on April 26 about the new world of digital marketing and promoting work online. The program will be led by Anca Micu, the associate dean of the Jack Welch College of Business at Sacred Heart University.
Certificate Program for Big Data Analytics Offered
February 29, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. — As the need for professionals with data analytics experience grows, Sacred Heart University is on top of the trend with a new certificate program in the field that is planned for graduate students this fall. The new program provides a strategy for graduate students looking to advance in the field of big data analytics, which involves studying data to discover patterns and correlations. The program will take students through business analytics, data warehousing, business forecasting, big data marketing and statistics. Part-time graduate students will be able to complete the program in a year.
CSR Wire: Public-Private Education Partnerships Thrive On Shared Values & Collaboration
September 30, 2015
When we moved our corporate headquarters to Stamford, Conn., four years ago, we entered a community in transition, with high unemployment rates and a significant education gap, and yet there was enormous growth and development occurring all around us. It was through the course of engaging with our new community that we started discussions with Sacred Heart University (SHU) about addressing our mutual needs.