Bring your creative expertise online
Learn the latest digital marketing techniques, and apply these skills through high profile, hands-on projects for real companies, as you become a 21st-century storyteller.
Earn your Master of Science in Digital Marketing (MSDM)
Marketing has gone digital, and marketing professionals in all areas – product development, advertising, distribution, research, customer relations and more – must be equipped with the interactive, creative expertise to excel online.
This program prepares you to meet the exponentially growing demand for digital marketing leaders. Through the program, you will:
- Develop and evaluate marketing plans that harness the power of digital media
- Use the wealth of data available to digital marketers to segment markets and position brands
- Use social media to promote brands and engage customers
- Optimize web sites to maximize search-engine rankings
- Interpret click-through analytics to evaluate online advertising efforts
Complete your customized digital marketing program in as little as 15 months
- The MSDM degree operates on a trimester schedule and can be completed in 15 months by attending class three nights a week – or, you can attend one or two classes per week for a longer period of time.
- The digital marketing certificate is an introduction to the digital marketing industry, and courses can be applied toward the master's degree.
Gain impressive credentials that showcase your professional abilities
By 2016, digital marketing spending is expected to climb to $77 billion and will represent 35 percent of all advertising spending.*
Graduates will be prepared to capitalize on this growth in positions such as:
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing analyst
- Digital advertising account executive
- Digital media planner
- Digital advertising specialist
- Digital advertising analyst
- Social media specialist
*Source: Forrester Research Inc.
Additional Program Benefits
- Thorough curriculum that covers the many areas of digital marketing, from developing a content strategy, to lead generation, to analytics and optimization
- Flexible course structure with built-in applied credits that you can customize to fit your digital marketing career track
- Coursework that incorporates real-world examples, actual class “clients”, and instruction in the latest software and techniques
- Dedicated faculty who provide cutting-edge research to conferences and global publications
- Senior-level practitioners who bring their real-time experience into the classroom
- Weekday evening courses at SHU's state-of-the art Stamford Graduate Center in Landmark Square
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
- Ideal location 60 minutes outside of New York City
Join the digital realm. Apply for your Master of Science in Digital Marketing today.
SHU Recognized by Colleges of Distinction for Academic Excellence
June 14, 2017
Sacred Heart University has yet again been recognized by the higher education organization Colleges of Distinction for its academic excellence. Colleges of Distinction’s mission is to help parents and students find the right colleges by producing a guidebook with the necessary information on the finest colleges and universities. The organization most recently awarded SHU with badges for its first-rate business, education and nursing programs.
Welch College of Business Makes Princeton Review's Best Business Schools List for 2017
October 7, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The Princeton Review has ranked Sacred Heart University's Jack Welch College of Business an outstanding business school once again. The education services company profiles SHU in the new 2017 edition of its annual book, The Best 294 Business Schools.The Princeton Review's survey asked students at the 294 business schools about their school's academics, student body and campus life as well as about themselves and their career plans.
Greenwich Pen Women Talk Digital Marketing
April 25, 2016
Seeking to inspire local women to get more involved in pursuing their creative dreams, the Greenwich Pen Women are sponsoring a special program on April 26 about the new world of digital marketing and promoting work online. The program will be led by Anca Micu, the associate dean of the Jack Welch College of Business at Sacred Heart University.