Impact business as a sought-after critical thinker
Learn to both navigate complex financial transactions and help make strategic business decisions as you prepare to pass the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and compete in a global business environment.
Earn your Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
Today’s global economy, changing regulations and tighter integration across key business functions have created an unprecedented demand for skilled accountants with advanced degrees.
Sacred Heart University’s MSA program develops the professionals that high-powered organizations seek. Through this program, you will:
- Develop critical thinking, analytical and communication skills
- Gain a degree that offers a proven edge in a dynamic job market
- Learn while working full-time – or complete the program as a full-time student
- Earn your degree through SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business — one of only a select few elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
Concentrate your expertise in one of two in-demand fields – Forensic Accounting or International Accounting
- Forensic Accounting examines the principles and techniques used to investigate legal matters involving complex financial transactions—from money laundering and contract disputes, to bankruptcies and securities fraud.
- International Accounting addresses the evolving demands of a global economy and international business environment, including international trade laws and regulations.
Complete the program in as little as one year, in person and online
The program’s unique hybrid format blends online faculty-led discussions with monthly Saturday seminars at our Fairfield, Connecticut campus.
- The one-year program allows students with a bachelor’s degree in accounting to quickly earn your master’s degree.
- The five-year program combines a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree into one accelerated, 150-credit program.
Become an indispensable business leader and strategic thinker
The marketplace is clamoring for highly qualified accountants:
- CPA firms hired 40,350 new accounting graduates in 2012, a 22 percent increase from 2011*
- Nearly 90 percent of public accounting firms estimate maintaining or increasing the number of graduates hired in the upcoming year*
- Employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations**
*American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) 2013 Trends in the Supply of Accounting Graduates and the Demand for Public Accounting Recruits
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Accountants and Auditors
Additional Program Benefits
- On-campus, once-per-month seminars combine expert faculty instruction with a series of lectures from consultants at the forefront of the accounting field
- Unique hybrid format supports full-time working professionals and allows prestigious accounting firms to actively recruit undergraduates
- Experienced faculty members who are established accounting scholars
- Notable guest speakers who provide insights on current and developing topics
- CPA exam preparation, which includes the required 150 hours of study
Make your degree count. Apply for your Master of Science in Accounting today.
SHU Ranked Among Top 20 in Assessment of Nursing, Accounting Programs
May 3, 2017
College Values Online (CVO) has ranked Sacred Heart University’s master’s programs in accounting and nursing among the top 20 in the nation. College Values Online assesses institutions of higher education, ranking them based on career options and value. It especially noted the affordability of SHU’s accounting and nursing programs, as well as their accelerated online track, when ranking the University.
Nine Faculty Members Earn Tenure
July 13, 2016
Fairfield, Conn. - Sacred Heart University reaffirmed its commitment to academic excellence when the Board of Trustees awarded tenure to nine faculty members recently. The newly tenured faculty members, who all received promotions from assistant professor to associate professor, are Anita August, Pamela Buck, Grace Guo, Andrew Lazowski, Kerry Milner, Amanda Moras, Julianna Stockton, Barbara Tarasovich and David Taylor.
Master’s in Accounting Program Receives $25K for Endowed Scholarship Fund
May 31, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—Sacred Heart University’s master’s in accounting (MSA) program has received $25,000 from the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) to fund scholarships for graduate students. The Branford-based Connecticut chapter, whose mission is “to provide professional growth, through networking, educational programs and resources,” established this fund to assist SHU accounting students who seek to become certified public accountants (CPAs) and certified valuation analysts (CVAs).