Ideal for those who wish to prepare for the rigors of the MBA or to introduce busy professionals with an understanding of statistical methods that are necessary to propel their career in data analytics.
The Business Analytics Certificate will place emphasis on statistical analysis of an organization’s data. It focuses on developing new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods.
Students who successfully complete this certificate program and are admitted into Sacred Heart University's MBA, Master’s in Digital Marketing, Master’s in HR Management or Master’s in Healthcare Informatics program will be able to use some coursework in fulfillment of their degree requirements. Students who complete the certificate program with a GPA of at least 3.5 will be waived from taking the GMAT.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
- Completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of interest in and qualifications for the graduate program
- Admission requires approval by the Jack Welch College of Business
- Courses are academically accredited at the graduate level
- Coursework is scheduled weekday evenings from 6:30 – 9:30pm. One course meets one evening per week.
- Some completed courses may be applied toward the MBA, Master’s in Digital Marketing, Master’s in HR Management or Master’s in Healthcare Informatics Degree (additional application requirements are necessary)
- Certificate students attend courses with MBA students from a variety of backgrounds and companies, ensuring exposure to a broad range of learning experiences
Program of Study | 12 credits
Pre-requisite Course (3 credits)
- WGB 518 Introduction to Business Statistics
Required Courses (6 credits)
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Database Management
Required Elective (Choose two) (6 credits)
- HINF 501 Foundations in Healthcare Informatics
- HINF 504 Business of Healthcare Information Technology
- HINF 602 Clinical & Business Intelligence
- HR 605 Analytics, Metrics, & Problem Solving for HR Professionals
- HR 610 Performance Management
- MK 671 Marketing Analytics
- MK 672 Intro to Big Data
- MFIM 636 Quantitative Finance I
- MFIM 699 Fundamentals in C++ and Python Programming
- MFIM 699 Fundamentals in Java and Visual Basic Programming