Propel Your Career & Influence Business
Prepare to enrich the business and financial worlds as you expand your qualifications and develop knowledge with direct global business applications.
Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance
Our pioneering program allows you to continue to explore your passions, advance your career opportunities, and enhance your decision-making, leadership and management skills.
Through the DBA degree program, you will:
- Prepare for a highly specialized career in a business or financial institution, consulting firm, government agency or academia
- Acquire advanced knowledge in finance and gain research skills for conducting independent, complex financial projects
- Develop new knowledge through original research
- Gain global perspective on issues related to financial markets and institutions
- Comprehend and appreciate the importance of high ethical standards and values for finance professionals
Gain an attractive qualification that combines research and application
The efficiency of the business industry relies on clever and innovative professionals, specifically those with a DBA. Graduates of this program stand out in a competitive market and achieve leadership positions in:
- Academic institutions
- Financial management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management
- Regulatory compliance
September 2016: Professor Orlowski and Matthew R. discussing his poster presentation at the Executive DBA Council Conference in Paris.
Enjoy a flexible program structure
This three-year, low-residency program uses a unique student cohort model, hands-on learning laboratories and blended meeting formats to encourage collaboration and networking. The program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working adults.
DBA classes meet at our Martire Business & Communications Center, located on Sacred Heart University's Fairfield, CT campus. The cohort style of this program enables you to:
- Engage in group research projects
- Gain direct access to resources such as the library, the learning (finance) laboratory, research materials, equipment and databases
- Establish networking opportunities with faculty and fellow students
|January 2017: DBA seminar on “Recent
Economic Policies of the European
Commission” presented by Dr. Lucio
Vinhas de Souza – Director of the
European Political Strategy Center of the
Additional Program Benefits
- In-depth coursework that covers extensive quantitative methods and mathematical modeling, global financial markets and institutions, and advanced risk management.
- Development of a specialized, original dissertation research project matching your interests and career aspirations.
- Accomplished, recognized faculty with a record of prestigious scholarship, professional engagement and experience.
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International.
Keep your finger on the pulse of global business and finance. Apply for your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance today.
SHU Recognized by Colleges of Distinction for Academic Excellence
June 14, 2017
Sacred Heart University has yet again been recognized by the higher education organization Colleges of Distinction for its academic excellence. Colleges of Distinction’s mission is to help parents and students find the right colleges by producing a guidebook with the necessary information on the finest colleges and universities. The organization most recently awarded SHU with badges for its first-rate business, education and nursing programs.
Sacred Heart University Hosts Visitors from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
April 27, 2017
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—A team from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, toured Sacred Heart University last week and signed a formal agreement of partnership between the two universities. The day’s agenda included a presentation in the Martire Forum about “Monetary Policy in an Emerging Country,” given by Atiur Rahman, former governor of Bangladesh Bank (the central bank of Bangladesh, BB) and now a professor in the University of Dhaka’s Department of Development Studies.
Jack Welch College of Business Receives Certification from Global Finance Association
December 21, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—Sacred Heart University’s Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) has joined only 49 other institutions from around the world in receiving official certification from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This connection will help the business school better prepare students who are pursuing a financial risk management designation. “We are very pleased to welcome Sacred Heart University to the GARP Partnership for Risk Education,” said the GARP‘s managing director, Chris Donohue. “The master’s in finance & investment management program offered by the WCOB is a comprehensive program specifically developed with the requirements of global risk management in mind. Upon completing this program, students will be well-positioned to pursue the financial risk manager (FRM) designation and a career in the global risk management profession.”