Join us for the Financial Risk Management Symposium on November 11, 2016...Learn more!
Propel Your Career & Influence Business
Prepare to enrich the business and financial worlds as you expand your qualifications and develop knowledge with direct global business applications.
Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance
Our pioneering program allows you to continue to explore your passions, advance your career opportunities, and enhance your decision-making, leadership and management skills.
Through the DBA degree program, you will:
- Prepare for a highly specialized career in a business or financial institution, consulting firm, government agency or academia
- Acquire advanced knowledge in finance and gain research skills for conducting independent, complex financial projects
- Develop new knowledge through original research
- Gain global perspective on issues related to financial markets and institutions
- Comprehend and appreciate the importance of high ethical standards and values for finance professionals
Gain an attractive qualification that combines research and application
The efficiency of the business industry relies on clever and innovative professionals, specifically those with a DBA. Graduates of this program stand out in a competitive market and achieve leadership positions in:
- Academic institutions
- Financial management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management
- Regulatory compliance
September 2016: Professor Orlowski and Matthew R. discussing his poster presentation at the Executive DBA Council Conference in Paris.
Enjoy a program structure designed to replicate the executive business world
This three-year, part-time program uses a unique student cohort model, hands-on learning laboratories and blended “executive program” meeting formats to encourage collaboration and networking.
Most DBA classes meet at our Stamford Graduate Center at Landmark Square, five Fridays and Saturdays each trimester. The weekend residency enables you to:
- Engage in group research projects
- Gain direct access to resources such as the library, the learning (finance) laboratory, research materials, equipment and databases
- Establish networking opportunities with faculty and fellow students
|January 2017: DBA seminar on “Recent
Economic Policies of the European
Commission” presented by Dr. Lucio
Vinhas de Souza – Director of the
European Political Strategy Center of the
Additional Program Benefits
- In-depth coursework that covers extensive quantitative methods and mathematical modeling, global financial markets and institutions, and advanced risk management.
- Development of a specialized, original dissertation research project matching your interests and career aspirations.
- Accomplished, recognized faculty with a record of prestigious scholarship, professional engagement and experience.
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International.
Keep your finger on the pulse of global business and finance. Apply for your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance today.
Jack Welch College of Business Receives Certification from Global Finance Association
December 21, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—Sacred Heart University’s Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) has joined only 49 other institutions from around the world in receiving official certification from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This connection will help the business school better prepare students who are pursuing a financial risk management designation. “We are very pleased to welcome Sacred Heart University to the GARP Partnership for Risk Education,” said the GARP‘s managing director, Chris Donohue. “The master’s in finance & investment management program offered by the WCOB is a comprehensive program specifically developed with the requirements of global risk management in mind. Upon completing this program, students will be well-positioned to pursue the financial risk manager (FRM) designation and a career in the global risk management profession.”
Financial Risk Management Symposium Aligns with Business Research Center Launch
December 20, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn.—Sacred Heart University recently spotlighted select students pursuing doctorates in business administration in finance, who showed their dissertation work and conducted a financial risk management symposium. The event coincided with a celebration for the launch of SHU’s new Center for Applied Business Research (CABR).
Students Participate in College Fed Challenge
November 8, 2016
Fairfield, Conn. - Beginning in the early 2000s, with encouragement from Professor Bridget Lyons, Sacred Heart University became involved in the College Fed Challenge Competition. Since then, students and faculty members have worked to progress in the competition.