Propel Your Career & Influence Business
Prepare to enrich the business and financial worlds as you expand your qualifications and develop knowledge with direct global business applications.
Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance
Our pioneering program allows you to continue to explore your passions, advance your career opportunities, and enhance your decision-making, leadership and management skills.
Through the DBA degree program, you will:
- Prepare for a highly specialized career in a business or financial institution, consulting firm, government agency or academia
- Acquire advanced knowledge in finance and gain research skills for conducting independent, complex financial projects
- Develop new knowledge through original research
- Gain global perspective on issues related to financial markets and institutions
- Comprehend and appreciate the importance of high ethical standards and values for finance professionals
Gain an attractive qualification that combines research and application
The efficiency of the business industry relies on clever and innovative professionals, specifically those with a DBA. Graduates of this program stand out in a competitive market and achieve leadership positions in:
- Academic institutions
- Financial management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management
- Regulatory compliance
Enjoy a program structure designed to replicate the executive business world
This three-year, part-time program uses a unique student cohort model, hands-on learning laboratories and blended “executive program” meeting formats to encourage collaboration and networking.
Most DBA classes meet at our Stamford Graduate Center at Landmark Square, five Fridays and Saturdays each trimester. The weekend residency enables you to:
- Engage in group research projects
- Gain direct access to resources such as the library, the learning (finance) laboratory, research materials, equipment and databases
- Establish networking opportunities with faculty and fellow students
Additional Program Benefits
- In-depth coursework that covers extensive quantitative methods and mathematical modeling, global financial markets and institutions, and advanced risk management.
- Development of a specialized, original dissertation research project matching your interests and career aspirations.
- Accomplished, recognized faculty with a record of prestigious scholarship, professional engagement and experience.
- Part of SHU’s Jack Welch College of Business, a member of fewer than five percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International.
Keep your finger on the pulse of global business and finance. Apply for your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Finance today.
Sacred Heart University Ranks in Bloomberg’s Best Undergraduate Business Schools
April 22, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Sacred Heart University’s Jack Welch College of Business (WCOB) has once again made Bloomberg’s Best Undergraduate Business Schools ranking. A total of 114 undergraduate business schools were in the rankings released this week by Bloomberg, a global business and financial information leader. Rankings are based off data collected from an employer survey and a student survey. Bloomberg also looks at starting salaries and internships. Nearly 30,000 students and recruiters from 600 companies were surveyed for the listing, according to Bloomberg.
Professors Strengthen Collaboration with Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
February 25, 2016
FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Two professors from Sacred Heart University, Rupendra Paliwal and Andrew Miller, recently traveled to India to plan the first joint academic initiative between SHU and Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) this summer.
Doctorate in Business Administration Program Ranks 26 in Country
December 11, 2015
FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A new listing released by Top Management Degrees ranked Sacred Heart University’s doctorate in business administration program 26 out of 50 schools. Top Management Degrees, a website dedicated to business and management education, developed the ranking based on accreditation, prestige, estimated cost, student satisfaction and business management curriculum. According to Top Management Degrees, “each criterion was given equal weight to gather a well-respected and high quality doctoral business management program.” Data was gathered from each school’s website, as well as U.S.News and World Report, the Princeton Review and the National Center for Education Statistics. The listing is created to help students find the highest quality doctorate degree in business management.