Praxis II: Elementary Education Math and Science Review Sessions
Elementary Subject Sessions will review Math and Science. The instructors will cover key ideas relevant to the subject areas and review the sample test.
Registration Fee: $30 per session
Location: Room 182 in the Oakview Building, 101 Oakview Drive, Trumbull, CT
Students will be required to bring a copy of the sample test. Sample test is available at http://www.ets.org
Connecticut Foundations of Reading Test Prep Sessions
Materials: Bring a copy of the sample CT Foundations of Reading Test.
There is different information presented for each of the two sessions. Please plan to attend both sessions. There will be no review of missed prep sessions.
- Session A: Questions 1-50 from the sample test + plus the running record essay
- Session B: Questions 51-100 from the sample test + plus the comprehension essay
Session Days & Times:
- Session A: Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 9AM - 1PM in the Student Success Center (SSB 108)
- Session B: Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 9AM - 1PM in the Student Success Center (SSB 108)
The Student Success Center is located at 5060 Park Avenue (on the corner of St. Nicholas and Park Avenue).
Inquiries regarding Connecticut Foundation of Reading contact Daria Corey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding Test Prep sessions in Griswold contact Karen Christensen at email@example.com.
Registration is free for all SHU Students/Alumni. Please contact Daria Corey for registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fee is $100 for Non-SHU Students/Alumni.
Students will be required to bring a copy of the sample test.
Connecticut Administrator Test Prep
The Connecticut Administrator Test Prep is limited to Sacred Heart University students and Alumni of SHU.
All Candidates will take a full CAT practice exam during the review session. All candidates must bring a laptop to the review session and will be required to submit their test response at the end of the session. Additional CAT review materials will be available following the initial CAT review session.
There are two CAT Prep Seminars offered: Instructional Analysis and School Improvement. The fee for the seminar is $35
- Instructional Analysis is offered to candidates who have successfully completed EDL 635, Teacher Supervision, Evaluation and Staff Development.
- School Improvement is for candidates who have successfully completed EDL 655 or 654, EDL 605, and EDL 626.
Oakview Test Preparation Sessions
Next Session: Friday, October 6, 2017
- Instructional Analysis - 5:30PM - 8PM – Room TBA
- School Improvement - 5:30PM - 8PM - Room TBA
Inquiries regarding Connecticut Administrator Test Prep in Oakview, contact Daria Corey.
Griswold Test Preparation Sessions
- Instructional Analysis: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 - 5:30PM - 8PM - Room TBA
- School Improvement: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 - 5:30PM - 8PM - Room TBA
Inquiries regarding Test Prep sessions in Griswold contact Karen Christensen.
Instructional Analysis CAT Prep Session for : Fall 2017 Cohort Candidates taking EDL 635 sections 46 (w/Dr. Glading) and 47 (w/Dr. Drapp)
Date: Saturday - 10/14/17
Time: 3:00pm – 6:00pm