Apply Now - Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year!
- Complete the Online Graduate Application Form
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Essay (1-2 pages) stating the reasons you wish to enter the teaching profession
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended
- Sacred Heart University students and alumni of SHU may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf - authorization form
- Meet the Praxis I Examination requirement for prospective teachers either through successful exam results or Connecticut State Department of Education official waiver
- PRAXIS I test information
- PRAXIS I waiver information
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your future potential as a teacher
- A current resume
- Meet with a faculty advisor in the Education Department of Teacher Education to complete a transcript review and a preliminary plan of study for completion of the program. Please call the Department at 203-371-7808 to be assigned and advisor.
- Background Check-- Release proof of your successful background check completed within 6 months of your first Education class at SHU. To register for an appointment though CES, sign up online.
- Signed Applicant Statement of Understanding
- The final step is to interview with the Education Admissions Committee. Invitations will be sent once all materials above are received and reviewed by the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Note: Students applying to the Isabelle Farrington College of Education must hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution prior to enrollment into the program and meet the required 2.75 undergraduate cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) at the time the Bachelor's degree was awarded. Applicants who are have a GPA above 2.5 but below the required 2.75 may contact Tara Chudy at email@example.com for suggested options.
Application materials can be sent via email or fax to:
Director Of Graduate Admissions
Official transcripts should mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825