April 1st of the candidate’s freshman year OR November 1st of the candidate’s sophomore year
All application materials listed below must be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions to be eligible for an interview and to take Education courses!
- Complete the Online Graduate Application Form
- Submit an essay (1-2 pages) discussing a recent experience interacting with children and/or youth and how this experience relates to your expectations for a teaching career.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended.
Sacred Heart University students may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. An authorization form can be printed and emailed or faxed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Meet the Praxis I Examination requirement for prospective teachers either through successful exam results or State of Connecticut DOE official waiver
- Meet with a faculty advisor in the Education Department to develop a preliminary plan of study for completion of the program. This meeting will be conducted in a group setting. Applicants will be invited to attend meetings as they are scheduled.
- Release proof of your successful background check (instructions for completing the background check)*. To register for an appointment though CES, sign up online.
Students applying to the Isabelle Farrington College of Education 5 Year Program must meet the State of Connecticut required 2.67 undergraduate cumulative GPA to be considered for admission. Please contact Eva Magnuson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-371-7884 for questions regarding this requirement.
Application materials should be submitted via email, fax, or hand delivered directly to:
Office Of Graduate Admissions
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Materials can also be uploaded to the application portal!