We are currently accepting applications for the Traditional track beginning Fall 2013
and for the Weekend Cohort program beginning Fall 2013!
Our Fall 2013 Weekend Cohort will be offered at both our Trumbull and Stamford campuses!
Candidates applying to the Intermediate Administrator Certification Program (092) must hold a Master's degree from an accredited institution.
For matriculation into the Intermediate Administrator Certification (092) Program candidates must submit:
- Graduate application
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended. Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. >>Download and print the authorization form
- Current resume
- Case Study Response (A case study will be mailed to you upon receipt of your application)
- Copy of Official Teaching Certificate
- Attend a Plan of Study meeting
- Applicants are invited to attend meetings via email as they are scheduled
- Education Applicant Statement of Understanding
Candidates for the Intermediate Administrative Certificate (092) Program must also:
- Completed five years teaching experience
- Completed a course in special education
The items above are CT state requirements to be eligible for 092 certification, not prerequisites for our program of study.
Also, any applicant who currently does not hold a teaching position will need to be fingerprinted for a CT State Department of Education background check and submit proof that fingerprinting has occurred to Sacred Heart University.
Please Note: You will need to be a fully matriculated student to attend courses in our program.
The address to which all documents can be sent is:
Sacred Heart University
Office of Graduate Admissions
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Letters of recommendation, case study responses, copies of official certifications, and resumes can be sent via e-mail or fax to:
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions