Students applying to the Graduate Program must hold a master's degree from an accredited institution.
For matriculation in any of the Reading programs, students must submit:
- Graduate application
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended. Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. >>Download and print the authorization form
- Current resume
- Copy of current teacher certification
- Plan of Study Meeting - to schedule, please contact Dr. Karen Waters in the education department via email at email@example.com
- Education Applicant Statement of Understanding - You will sign this at your Plan of Study meeting
*Candidates seeking to enter our 097 program who have already obtained 102 certification will be required to submit a copy of their 102 certificate and a written essay as part of the admissions process. Additionally, they will need to schedule a face-to-face interview with CLSP faculty.
Any applicant who currently does not hold a teaching position will need to complete a background check and submit Proof of CES background check to Sacred Heart University.
Current CT State Department of Education regulations require candidates to have 3 years of teaching experience in order to qualify for admission to this program.
Please Note: You must be a fully matriculated student to attend courses in our program.
For more information, please contact:
Tara L. Chudy
Director of Graduate Admissions