- Non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Attend a Plan of Study meeting
- Applicants are invited to attend meetings via email as they are scheduled. The purpose of the plan of study meeting is to outline the course curriculum and acclimate you to the program. Additionally, applicants will complete a self assessment of dispositions during the plan of study meeting.
- Applicant Statement of Understanding
Copy of current CT teaching certificate
- Any applicant who does not currently hold a teaching position will need to be fingerprinted for a CT State Department of Education background check and submit proof that fingerprinting has occurred to Sacred Heart University.
The priority application deadline for admission to the Special Education Program is May 1.
Student Loans, deferred payment plans and a variety of other programs are available through the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 203-371-7980.