Mark Frizzell, Ph.D.
Dr. Frizzell has twenty-five years experience in the field of Public School Education, as a Certified Technology Teacher and Secondary School Administrator. He served as a Program Director at a Regional Education Service Center (RESC) and two Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Programs. Throughout his career, due to his desire to teach, Dr. Frizzell was a Higher Education Adjunct Faculty Member at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. Courses taught included: History of Special Education, The Exceptional Learner, Children on the Autism Spectrum, Methods of Early Childhood Education, and Child Development. Dr. Frizzell retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 4 in 2005 with thirty years of service in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Special Education, University of Connecticut, Storrs (1986)
- MS Education, Curriculum and Administration, Fitchburg State College (1982)
- BS Industrial Arts Education, Fitchburg State College (1980)
- ED 569 Education of Special Needs Students
- EDL 626 Assessment and Evaluation of Learning
- EDL 654 Leadership: Contemporary Educational Problems
Research Interests and Grants
- Early Childhood Education and Early Intervention Initiatives for Exceptional Learner and their potential impact on secondary and post-secondary school success.