Antoinette Bruciati, Ph.D.
Through my role as Coordinator for Educational Technology, I am responsible for the development, assessment, and management of the Educational Technology Certificate Program. Educational technology involves the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning through the development, integration, and management of developmentally appropriate technological resources. My commitment to the expansion of professional knowledge is demonstrated through scholarship and research endeavors incorporating a wide range of themes in response to emerging technologies, the way children and adults learn in the 21st century, and methods for the delivery of online instruction.
As an educator, I strive to engage, challenge, and inspire professional excellence in my students. It is my belief that all students are capable of acquiring and refining knowledge, proficiencies, and dispositions that will equip them for life in an ever changing world. A current grant-funded project titled DISCOVER the Future with Robotics enables me to conduct site-based research as I align the math, science, and language arts curricula to the field of robotics and pilot new teaching methodologies in Grade 5-6 classrooms.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. , 2006, Nova Southeastern University, Computing Technology in Education
- ED 527 Distance Learning: Methods of Instructional Design
- ED 557 Human-Computer Interaction
- ED 562 Computer Art & Desktop Publishing
- ED 578 Introduction to Computers in Education
- ED 642 Special Projects in Educational Technology
- ED 663 Instructional Software and Instruments in Education
- ED 686 Special Topics: Robotics
- ED 689 WWW: Curriculum and Instruction
Research Interests & Grants
- Educational robotics, STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics), educational game design, & online learning environments.
- 2011 Connecticut State Department of Education Interdistrict Cooperative Grant
- Reviewer - Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics
- Reviewer - Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education Conference