For the convenience of students attending the Griswold location, the admissions process is handled through the Griswold office. Once all requirements are met, the student's file is submitted to the University for final consideration and matriculation.
Griswold Application and Information packets should be requested by any candidate planning to attend the Griswold location.
All certification and Master's candidates must hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university. Administrator/Sixth Year candidates must hold a master's degree. Please submit all application materials to:
Sacred Heart University-Griswold
267 Slater Avenue
PO Box 399
Griswold, CT 06351
All applicants must provide supporting documentation as follows:
- Griswold Graduate Application Form
- Non-refundable application fee (payable to Sacred Heart University)
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended (including those where a limited number of credits may have been taken)
- (2) Letters of Recommendation (addressing suitability to pursue graduate level studies and/or suitability to teach)
- Current Resume
- Immunization Form
Teacher Certification candidates must also provide:
- Passing Praxis I scores (or obtain waiver from CT State Dept. of Education)
- Essay, reflecting why you would like to become a teacher
M.A. in Teaching (who are already certified) and Intermediate Administrator/Sixth Year students must also provide:
- Copy of CT Certification(s)
- Applications for Fall Internships should be submitted by April 1st
- Otherwise, applications should be submitted to the Griswold office at least 2 months prior to the start of the semester you intend to start classes.