The Griswold location offers graduate level courses leading to degrees and certifications as follows:
- CT Teacher Certification: Elementary (K-6) with Master of Arts in Teaching Degree
- CT Teacher Certification: Secondary (7-12, in English, Math, History/Social Studies, Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Business or Spanish) with Master of Arts in Teaching Degree
- Master of Arts in Teaching Degree
- CT Intermediate Administrator Certification (#092; which credentials Dept. Heads through Principals and Asst. Superintendents of Schools)
- Sixth Year Degree in Educational Leadership
On a case by case basis, the Griswold location may also offer elementary, middle school and secondary cross-endorsement courses for certified teachers seeking to expand their areas of expertise/certification.
Graduate Internship Program
Sacred Heart University-Griswold partners with area school districts in offering graduate internship opportunities. Through the Internship Program, candidates work with an area school system during the day, and take courses in the evenings. The school district agrees to cover the cost of 36 graduate credits, which is generally adequate to cover certification and most master's courses). Beyond the obvious financial benefits, the internship experience is invaluable in terms of the exposure it provides to daily school practices, curriculum and student development/behaviors at varying grade levels. This experience can also have an extremely positive effect on future employment prospects.