7 Cambridge Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Become a Leader for Health Care Change
SHU’s DNP program will prepare you to be a change agent for improving healthcare by engaging in clinically focused scholarship.
Earn Your Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Degree
Our graduate nursing program is a leader in advanced nursing practice education. Over a three-year, part-time period, you will take classes online and attend two on-campus residencies per semester.
Through this nursing doctorate program, you will:
- Obtain a doctoral education focused on practice innovation, and practical clinical research and scholarship
- Learn how to initiate practice changes that improve quality and safety, while considering cost effectiveness
- Gain advanced knowledge and skills in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating health care delivery systems, and improving population health.
Advance to the highest clinical and executive ranks
This unique program is designed to maximize your potential career roles, whether in advanced clinical practice or executive health care leadership.
Only the second such program in Connecticut, the DNP program serves academically talented:
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical nurse leaders
- Nurse anesthetists
- Nurse executives
“Professionally, obtaining the DNP degree has provided opportunities to expand my role in nursing. I accepted a position as a Director of Nursing [and] I possess a more global awareness of the need to provide health care to all.” – Linda Mascolo, ’13 graduate
This required project prepares you to use research to improve clinical care delivery, patient outcomes and system management. Projects are suitable for publication in a peer-reviewed journal, presentation at national peer-reviewed conferences, or as a published book.
Additional Program Benefits
- Cutting-edge curriculums that integrate role practicums, clinical immersion experiences and direct patient care opportunities
- An Online Learning experience that provides 24/7 access to course content, collaborative workspaces and online resource centers
- Relationships with leading health care organizations in the region
- Esteemed nursing faculty who have earned state and national recognition for their expertise, and who remain engaged in clinical practice
- A new, state-of-the-art Center for Healthcare Education
Prepare to best meet the health care needs of our communities. Apply for your Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree today.