Nancy Dennert, APRN, MS, MSN, FNP-BC, CDE, BC-ADM
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Stamford Hospital 1981-1999
- Bullard Havens LPN Instructor 1999-2012
- Endocrine Associates 2010-present
Primary Professional Service/Affiliation:
- Member: American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Member: American Diabetes Association
- Member: CADE (Connecticut Association of Diabetes Educators)
- Member: Allied Health Professional Staff, St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Department of Medicine
Degrees and Certifications
- Barry University: BSN 1981
- SCSU: MS – Health Education, 2004
- SHU: MSN- FNP program 2010
- ANCC Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner,
- Certified Diabetes Educator,
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management
- Professional Educator Certification, State of Connecticut.
- Certified AHA Instructor, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Speciality or Specialist Certification/Training:
- NU620- Family & Primary Care II: The Family with Adult Members (FNP program)
- NU551- Advanced Pharmacology (FNP program)
Research Interests and Grants
- Interests include using simulation technology in nursing education.
- Diabetic education. Both individually and within the community.
- Experienced in teaching and working with diabetes technology including insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring
Awards and Fellowships
- 2010: Awarded sabbatical by the State Department of Education to develop and implement a program using simulation technology in nursing education.
- 2010: Dean’s Leadership Award for Academic Excellence, SHU