Joslin Leasca, DNP, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, CNL
Degrees and Certifications
- RN – St. Joseph Hospital’s School of Nursing 1979
- BSN State University of New York, Albany 1996
- MSN, FNP University of Rhode Island, 1999
- DNP University of Rhode Island, 2012 – Inaugural graduate
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Consensus Model for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Certified Nurse Educator - 2015
- Clinical Nurse Leader - 2014
- Family Nurse Practitioner – CEO Leasca Health Associates, Kent Hospital, Warwick, Rhode Island, 1999 - 2006
- South County Walk In and Primary Care Narragansett, RI, 2006 – 2016
- Med Options, Warwick, RI 2016 to present
- Community College of Rhode Island 1996 - 2012
- Maryville University 2012 - 2013
- Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training:
- Director, Online DNP Programs
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Healthcare Policy and Ethics
Research Interests & Grants
- Improvement in work milieu of Advanced Practice Nurses via removal of regulatory scope of practice restrictions: primary author and lobbyist for Consensus Model legislation in Rhode Island – passed 2013. Implementation phase, ongoing research.
- Meaningful use of patient data stored in electronic health records by primary care providers: primary author of grant application for clinic appointment as a Patient Centered Medical Home: granted, July 2013.
- Changes in clinic environment and staff/patient satisfaction scores before/after appointment as Patient Centered Medical Home: ongoing research since 2011.
- Critical Social Theory and transformative knowledge.
- The role of the Clinical Nurse Leader in the Patient Centered Medical Home
- Differentiation of the Clinical Nurse Leader and the Clinical Nurse Specialist role