Audrey M. Beauvais, DNP, MSN, MBA, RN, CNL
- Council on Graduate Education for Administration in Nursing
- Connecticut Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society)
- National League for Nursing
- Organization of Nurse Executives-Connecticut
- The American Organization of Nurse Executives
- Alpha Sigma Nu (National Honor Society)
Degrees and Certifications
- D.N.P., Case Western Reserve University
- M.S.N., Sacred Heart University
- M.B.A., Sacred Heart University
- B.S.N., Fairfield University
- Certified Clinical Nurse Leader by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing December 2011
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, American Heart Association
- Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT TM) Certification by EI Skills Group
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training
- Clnical Nurse Leader
- Patient Care Service Administration
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Research Interests and Grants
- Psychiatric & mental health nursing
- Emotional intelligence
- Nursing student performance
- Leadership & management
- Magnet Recognition programs
Awards and Fellowships
- 2013 Connecticut League for Nursing: The Ruth M. Olson Excellence in Nursing Education Award
- 2008: Sacred Heart University College of Education and Health Professions Dean’s Leadership Award
- 2006-8: Connecticut Health and Education Facilities Authority Grant for nursing doctoral education
- 2006: VHA Leadership Award for Operational Excellence
- 2004: Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing
- 1995: Academic Achievement Award, Sacred Heart University
- 1989: Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society) Mu Chi Chapter, Fairfield University
- 1989: Alpha Sigma Nu (National Jesuit Honor Society) Fairfield University
Publications and Presentations
Beauvais, AM, Brady, N, O'Shea, ER & Griffin, MT. (2011) Emotional Intelligence and nursing performance among nursing students. Nurse Education Today 31(4): 396-401.
Beauvais, AM. (2012). Build an instinct for feelings. Nursing Standard 26(31): 62-63.
Review, Chapters, Books
Beauvais, A. (2013). Illness and Disease Management. In: King, C. & Gerard, S. (editors), Clinical Nurse Leader Certification Review, New York, NY: Springer.
Beauvais, A. (2012). Role Transition: Strategies for Success in the Marketplace.In: DeNisco, S. & Barker, A. (editors), Advanced Practice Nursing: Evolving Roles for the Transformation of the Profession, Second Edition, Burlington, MA, Jones & Barlett.
Beauvais, A. (2012). Personality disorders. In: Jones, J., Fitzpatrick, J., & Rogers, V. (editors), Psychiatric-mental Health Nursing: An interpersonal approach, New York, NY: Springer.
Beauvais, A., Stewart, J., & DeNisco, S. (2013).Factors related to academic success among nursing students. Podium presentation at the 21st Annual Connecticut Collaborative Research Day in Trumbull, CT, March 22, 2013.
DeNisco, S., Beauvais, A., Stewart, J., & Gunther, C. (2013). The influence of a medication management program on at risk community dwelling elders.Podium presentation at the 21st Annual Connecticut Collaborative Research Day in Trumbull, CT, March 22, 2013.
Beauvais, A., DeNisco, S., & Stewart, J., (2013). Emotional Intelligence and Spirituality. Poster presentation at the 25th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Eastern Nursing Research Society in Boston, MA, April 18, 2013.
Stewart, J., DeNisco, S., Watson, S., & Beauvais, A. (2013). Use of an Innovative Mini clinical Evaluation for FNP Students Using Senior Undergraduate Nursing Students as Patients. Poster presentation at the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties 39th Annual meeting in Pittsburgh, PA April 2013.
Beauvais, A, Griffin, MT, Brady, N, & O’Shea, ER. (2010). Emotional Intelligence and Nursing Performance. Poster presentation at the 22nd Annual Scientific Sessions of the Eastern Nursing Research Society in Providence, Rhode Island, March 26, 2010.
Latino Elderly Access Points Initiatives: Medication Management and Fall Prevention Grant, Southwestern Connecticut Agency on Aging (SWCAA): October 2012-October 2013: Federal Share of Total: $16,807