Analysis of Comparative Health Care Systems: An International Perspective
Graduate students in Nursing and Physical Therapy attend a two-week course each May (NU 599 / T 599 Analysis of Comparative Health Care Systems; an International Perspective).
The course offers:
- Comparison of characteristics of health care delivery.
- The study of how societies respond differently to the demands/needs of populations in the US and selected European countries.
- The perspectives of patients/consumers, health care providers and policy-makers.
- The exploration of ways in which societal expectations, health care financing, and national priorities influence the delivery system.
Leisure Activities Include:
- Visits to local hospitals and professional associations
- Day trip to Trier, Germany
- Trip to Heidelberg, Germany
- Boefferding Brewery
- Cathedrals, monuments and other various cultural and historical sites
This program is administered through the University's Office of Global Affairs: