Clinical Service Learning Program in Haiti
PY2 Occupational Therapy graduate students travel to Gros Morne, Haiti to explore global health issues, cultural awareness and competence, social justice and healthcare development.
Students participate in and experience:
- target community needs based on assessments with local leaders.
- collaboration with the local community.
- Haiti's health delivery model.
- provide free healthcare clinics to the underserved populations in this rural area.
- A day trip to Hospital Albert Schweitzer in Deschapelles where there is a full rehabilitation department.
- A visit to a school for rehabilitation technicians and a prosthetic/orthotic clinic for victims of the 2012 earthquake in Haiti.
- Sightseeing in Port au Prince.
Credits for capstone will apply and Level I fieldwork credit may apply.