Christina B. Gunther
Director of Global Health Programs
- Global Development
- Global Health
- Global Education & Research
- Sociology of Gender Based Violence
- Service Learning
Degrees and Certifications
- M.A., Global Development & Peace, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- B.A., Psychology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Qualified Administrator for the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) and the International Conflict Styles Inventory® (ICSI®)
- Public Health-Comparative Health Systems in Cuba
- Human Growth & Development Across the Lifespan
- Healthcare Industry & Policy
- Health Science Capstone
- Healthcare Informatics Capstone
Research Interests & Grants
Academics for Creative Teaching (ACT) Grant, Sacred Heart University, “Cultural Awareness and HealthProfessions Students: Devising a Teaching Module to Enhance Learning"
Interdisciplinary Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, College of Health Professions, “Impact of a Cultural Awareness Curriculum on Students’ Interprofessional, Global Service Learning Experience”
Interdisciplinary Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, College of Health Professions, “A Measure of Cultural Awareness in College of Health Professions and College of Nursing Students”
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Outstanding Graduate Thesis Award, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- Graduate with Distinction Award, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- Sigma Iota Rho National Honor Society Research Travel Award
- Member: Sigma Iota Rho National Honor Society for International Studies
- Member: Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Member: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Dean's Service Award, Sacred Heart University, College of Health Professions
- Academic Merit Scholarship, New York University
Publications and Presentations
"Community Needs Assessment: Promoting Population Health in Rural Guatemala by Identifying Health Disparities and Implementing a Maternal Child Health Clinic", Cole, M, Yost, E, Sessler-Branden, P, Gunther, C. Presentation at the International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services Conference, June 2016.
“Coordinating community healthcare needs to local services in Paraiso, Dominican Republic through strategic assessment strategies”, Cole, M; Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Conference, April 2016.
"Developing a Cultural Awareness Curriculum for Study Abroad Students", Cole, M; Gunther, C; Danzak, R. Workshop presented at the 2015 NAFSA Annual Conference, May 2015.
"The Cost of Gender Based Violence: An Economic Development View of Gender Based Violence in Lebanon.", Gunther, C. Paper presentation at the New York Polictical Science Association 68th Annual Conference, April 2014
“Peacebuilding in Lebanon Using a 'Serious' Game Intervention”, Gunther, C. Poster presented at the United Nations Peace through Education Conference, January 2014.
"Non-Conscious Goal Activation as Applied to Women’s Human Rights & Security in Lebanon", Gunther, C. Paper presentation at the International Studies Association-Northeast 45th Annual Conference, November 2013.
"The Sustainability of Health Care Missions to the Global South: A Case Study in Guatemala", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the University of Bridgeport Faculty Research Day, February, 2013.
"Peacebuilding in Bahrain through a Grassroots Women’s Movement", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the University of Notre Dame Student Peace Conference, March 2012.
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in the Classroom – Take Two", Gunther, C. Breakout Session. Presented at the 7th International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and Society, University of Basque Country, Vizcaya, Spain, March 2011.
"Student Engagement is Just a Click Away", Cole, M. and Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Annual CT League of Nursing Conference, June 2010
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in the Classroom", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Mosby's Faculty Development Institute, San Diego, CA, January 2010.
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in theClassroom", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the annual PKAL conference, Yale University – Orange, CT Campus, October 2009
"Self-Esteem Moderates the Impact of Received Support on Distress: A Daily Diary Study", Gunther, C, Bolger, N, and Shrout, P. Poster presented at the annual Society for Social-Personality Psychology conference in Los Angeles, CA, January 2003