Christina B. Gunther
Director of Global Health Programs
- Global Development
- Global Health
- Global Education & Research
- Sociology of Gender Based Violence
- Service Learning
Degrees and Certifications
- M.A., Global Development & Peace, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- B.A., Psychology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Qualified Administrator for the Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) and the International Conflict Styles Inventory® (ICSI®)
- Public Health-Comparative Health Systems in Cuba
- Human Growth & Development Across the Lifespan
- Healthcare Industry & Policy
- Health Science Capstone
- Healthcare Informatics Capstone
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Outstanding Graduate Thesis Award, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- Graduate with Distinction Award, The University of Bridgeport, College of Public and International Affairs
- Sigma Iota Rho National Honor Society Research Travel Award
- Member: Sigma Iota Rho National Honor Society for International Studies
- Member: Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Member: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Dean's Service Award, Sacred Heart University, College of Health Professions
- Academic Merit Scholarship, New York University
Publications and Presentations
"Community Needs Assessment: Promoting Population Health in Rural Guatemala by Identifying Health Disparities and Implementing a Maternal Child Health Clinic", Cole, M, Yost, E, Sessler-Branden, P, Gunther, C. Presentation at the International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals & Health Services Conference, June 2016.
“Coordinating community healthcare needs to local services in Paraiso, Dominican Republic through strategic assessment strategies”, Cole, M; Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Conference, April 2016.
"Developing a Cultural Awareness Curriculum for Study Abroad Students", Cole, M; Gunther, C; Danzak, R. Workshop presented at the 2015 NAFSA Annual Conference, May 2015.
"The Cost of Gender Based Violence: An Economic Development View of Gender Based Violence in Lebanon.", Gunther, C. Paper presentation at the New York Polictical Science Association 68th Annual Conference, April 2014
“Peacebuilding in Lebanon Using a 'Serious' Game Intervention”, Gunther, C. Poster presented at the United Nations Peace through Education Conference, January 2014.
"Non-Conscious Goal Activation as Applied to Women’s Human Rights & Security in Lebanon", Gunther, C. Paper presentation at the International Studies Association-Northeast 45th Annual Conference, November 2013.
"The Sustainability of Health Care Missions to the Global South: A Case Study in Guatemala", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the University of Bridgeport Faculty Research Day, February, 2013.
"Peacebuilding in Bahrain through a Grassroots Women’s Movement", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the University of Notre Dame Student Peace Conference, March 2012.
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in the Classroom – Take Two", Gunther, C. Breakout Session. Presented at the 7th International Conference on Technology, Knowledge and Society, University of Basque Country, Vizcaya, Spain, March 2011.
"Student Engagement is Just a Click Away", Cole, M. and Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Annual CT League of Nursing Conference, June 2010
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in the Classroom", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the Mosby's Faculty Development Institute, San Diego, CA, January 2010.
"Tools of Engagement: The Implementation of Technological Teaching Tools in theClassroom", Gunther, C. Poster presented at the annual PKAL conference, Yale University – Orange, CT Campus, October 2009
"Self-Esteem Moderates the Impact of Received Support on Distress: A Daily Diary Study", Gunther, C, Bolger, N, and Shrout, P. Poster presented at the annual Society for Social-Personality Psychology conference in Los Angeles, CA, January 2003