Alison McCallum Sprengelmeyer, M. Ed
Director of Clinical Education & Clinical Assistant Professor
- 13 years of Experience with Geriatrics and Adults in Acute and Long Term Care, including Johns Hopkins Hospital, University of Maryland Medical Center, and SunDance (Genesis) Rehab Services
- Adjunct Professor at in the Speech Pathology Department at Misericordia University in Dallas, PA
- Served as the Senior Clinical Specialist for SunDance Rehab’s Northeast Division, coordinating educational opportunities for therapists of all three disciplines throughout nine states
I continue to work as a practicing Speech Language Pathologist with the Geriatric Population.
Degrees and Certifications
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University, Psychology, 1996
- M.Ed. University of Virginia, Speech Pathology, 2000
- American Speech Language Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training
For the short term I will be focusing on getting the clinical program for the SLP Department up and running, but I will be teaching courses (to be determined) in future semesters.
Research Interests & Grants
- Dysphagia, specifically ethics and end-of-life decision making
- Cognitive-Linguistic Deficits in Dementia
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury