Standard 4.0 Students
4.1 The program criteria for accepting students for graduate study in audiology and/or speech-language pathology meet or exceed the institutional policy for admission to graduate study.
- Criteria for program admission are listed on the last page of the Program Brochure.
- Admissions procedures and rubrics can be reviewed here.
- These criteria exceed the institutional policy, which is a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0, according to the SHU Graduate Catalog.
4.2 The program makes reasonable adaptations in curriculum, policies, and procedures to accommodate differences among individual students.
4.3 Students are informed about the program's policies and procedures, degree requirements, requirements for professional credentialing, and ethical practice. Students are informed about documented complaint processes.
- Information on all Department policies, procedures, degree requirements, requirements for credentialing, and ethical practice are provided in the Student Handbook.
- Information on Department policies for Student Grievances and Appeals appears in the Student Handbook.
- The University’s Graduate Academic Catalog also states university policies for grievance and appeal processes and procedures.
- Concerns Regarding Accreditation by CAA are also detailed in the Student Handbook.
- Clinical program requirements regarding immunizations, background checks, HIPAA training, CPR, and infection control are also provided in Chapter 5 of the Student Handbook.
4.4 Students receive advising on a regular basis that pertains to both academic and clinical performance and progress. Students also are provided information about student support services.
- Policies and procedures for academic advising and clinical advising are explained the Student Handbook.
- Students are expected to adhere to SLP Department and University’s academic integrity policy (See p. 34, graduate catalog) and to the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Information on student support services is found in the Student Handbook and University Graduate catalog.
4.5 The program must adhere to its institutional policies and procedures to verify that a student who registers for a distance education course or program is the same student who participates in and completes the program and receives the academic credit.
- No distance education.