Sacred Heart University is pleased to announce a new Master of Physician Assistant (PA) Studies Program located in Stamford, CT. Our inaugural class began in August of 2016 and students will begin their clinical phase in the fall of 2017.
We are in need of Physicians, Licensed PA's and APRN's who are willing to serve as PA student preceptors. Medical sub-specialists whose specialty requires a broad understanding of all organ systems (e.g. endocrinologist, gastroenterologists, Infectious Disease specialists, orthopedists and surgeons), are also needed.
Clinical rotations are 5-week rotations.
In recognition and appreciation for clinicians sharing their valuable time as preceptors we are offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount of 25% for Sacred Heart University classes – Locations in Stamford and Fairfield and online courses
- Faculty appointment of Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Classroom teaching opportunities
- Access to Sacred Heart University Library resources: comprehensive medical literature databases
- Sacred Heart University Bookstore Faculty Discount of 10%
- CME: Category II for physicians and Category I available for PA preceptors
- Rewarding experience
|Reynold Jaglal MBA, PA-C
Director of Clinical Education & Clinical Assistant Professor
|Susan Horahan, MBA
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the Sacred Heart University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Sacred Heart University. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.