Michelle Wormley, PT, PhD, CLT
Michelle joined Sacred Heart University full-time in 2009 as a Clinical Physical Therapist with prior experience in acute and subacute rehabilitation settings. Since 2010, Michelle’s roles in the department have included Clinical Assistant Professor, Associate Director of Clinical Education, and in 2014 an appointment to Assistant Professor. Michelle is a member of the Oncology, Neurology, and Education sections of the American Physical Therapy Association as well as the Connecticut Physical Therapy Association. She is also the Director of Continuing Education, planning and executing continuing education courses for healthcare professionals in the community. She is a certified lymphedema therapist and has presented at the state and national level in topics of physical therapy and the problem-based learning approach.
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Nova Southeastern University
- MPT, Physical Therapy, Quinnipiac University
- BS, Physical Therapy, Quinnipiac University
Physical Therapy Management of Patients with Medically Complex Issues and Physical Therapy Management of Patients with Neurological Dysfunction.
Research Interests & Grants
- Neurological physical therapy, problem-based learning teaching methods, clinical education
- Wormley, ME (2014). Physical Therapy Student Experiences Regarding Problem-Based Learning and Development of Professional Core Values. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- Emery, ME, Hird, A, Wormley, ME. Breast Cancer Alliance of Greenwich, January 2014. A Training Program for Health Professionals in Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) to Treat Patients with Secondary Lymphedema. Funding awarded in the amount of $10,000.
- Bowers, D, Romney W, Wormley, ME. Sacred Heart University ACT Grant, May 2014. Video Demonstration of Applied Physical Therapy Examination and Interventions. Funding awarded in the amount of $1500.