The Occupational Therapy Program at Sacred Heart University requires students to have a background in a variety of physical and social sciences. As such, the following courses are prerequisites for those applying as of Fall 2015 entry:
- Biology I with lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II with lab (8 credits*)
- A Psychology course (3 credits)
- Abnormal psychology (3 credits)
- Life Span Development or Developmental Psychology (Must include the study of the entire life-span, from birth to old age) (3 – 9 credits)
- Sociology/Anthropology/Social Psychology/Diversity/Multicultural (3 credits)
- Statistics/Psychological Statistics/Biostatistics (Must include descriptive statistics, probability, confidence intervals, correlation and hypothesis testing) (3 credits*)
Only prerequisite course grades of C or better meet the requirements.
*Prerequisite courses in Statistics and Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II must have been completed within the past 10 years.
Recommended elective for all applicants that would benefit you once in the graduate program:
- Physics with Lab (4 credits)
- Exercise Science
For Sacred Heart University courses that meet prerequisites, click here.