Note: Prerequisite courses in Statistics and Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II must have been completed within the past 10 years. The baccalaureate degree and all prerequisite courses must be successfully completed by the time of enrollment. Offers of acceptance into the program are provisional until all admission requirements have been successfully completed.
Requirements for Admission Include:
- successful completion of the baccalaureate degree
- maintenance of an 3.0 undergraduate, cumulative GPA
- successful completion of all prerequisite courses with a 3.2 prerequisite GPA and no individual prerequisite course grade below a “C”
- maintenance of a 3.0 prerequisite science GPA with no individual prerequisite science course grade below a “C” (Biology with lab, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II with lab)
- official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- two letters of recommendation (one from an academic source and one from employer or volunteer supervisor)
- successful interview with the Occupational Therapy Admissions Committee, which includes a problem-based learning experience
- relevant shadowing or volunteer experience in occupational therapy
- completion of a graduate admission application and application fee
- Sacred Heart University students apply online through the Office of Graduate Admissions (application fee is waived for SHU students)
- External students apply through the National OT Common Application System at https://portal.otcas.org/
Please see Apply Now for application options.