Jody Bortone, OT/L, EdD
Assoc.Dean CHP/Chair OT/Clinical Assoc. Prof.
Primary Professional Service/Affiliation:
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Occupational Therapy Association, 2012, President's Ad Hoc Committee on Faculty Shortages
- American Occupational Therapy Association, 2008, President's Ad Hoc Committee on Faculty Shortages
- Mental Health
- Group theory and facilitation
- Curriculum design
- High impact pedagogies in higher education
- Application of evidence-based practices
Degrees and Certifications
- EdD, Educational Leadership, 2007, Fordham University
- MA, Occupational Therapy, 1984, New York University
- BS, Occupational Therapy, 1974, Columbia University
- AA, Liberal Arts, 1971, Centenary College
- Certified Occupational Therapist
- Leadership and Management
Research Interests and Grants
- Problem-based learning
- Evidence-based practice
- High Impact pedagogies
- Bortone, J. & Dodson, J. (2015). Evidence-based practice: occupational therapists' real-life experience. Sacred Heart University's URCG grant.
- Bortone, J., Sussman, D. (1998). Grant proposal at the New York City Board of Education on the development of an integrated Universal Pre-K program. Submitted and granted, Spring 1998.